Skip to main content

I have three Sonos speakers, an Arc, an Era 300, and a Roam. Like many other people, I get many error messages while using Apple Music about songs not being encoded properly. It can be one or two songs or the whole album. I don’t have this problem with Amazon Music, but much of my music is on Apple from i-Tunes era. Albums by the same artist purchased about the same time may have error messages on Apple, but not on Amazon. These albums play perfectly well on my computer. This is very frustrating since I can’t use my new Sonos speakers for a large part of my music. Since compatibility with Apple Music is a major selling point for Sonos, fixing this problem should be a priority.

Hello @thw27, welcome to Sonos Community!

Thank you for the post. We have identified the "Unable to play '<song_title>' - the song is not encoded correctly." issue when playing uploaded content on Apple Music and are currently working with Apple for a fix.

In the meantime you can play from the Apple Music catalog (e.g. through Search) rather than from Browse within the Sonos App.

I will update this thread with any new information as I receive it.

I hope this helps.