Skip to main content
Question

"Something went wrong. Try again." when attempting to view Soundtrack Player content

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

1. Updated to the latest Sonos app (Sonos OS=S2, Build=80.00.08).
  2. Tapped Soundtrack Player icon under “Your Services” on new home page.
  3. Soundtrack Player page attempts to load but fails. Displays “Something went wrong. Try again.” error message at the top of page. 
  4. Soundtrack Player content displayed and worked correctly for over a year prior to this upgrade. So this is not a new setup issue… something just stopped working.

Things I’ve already tried:

1. Verified the Soundtrack Player service was working as expected as per the https://status.sonos.com/ page.
  2. Closed and reopened the Sonos app. 
  3. Reauthorized the Soundtrack Player service.
  4. Deleted and completely reconnected the Soundtrack Player service.

I can’t think of anything else to try. We use Sonos with Soundtrack Player at two locations and are experiencing the same issue at both locations. 

I would appreciate any help resolving.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

Update: After troubleshooting for over a day, a couple hours on hold, and several hours and several Sonos techs later… we have a work around. 

Issue: Apparently there is a connectivity issue between the updated Sonos app on iOS and the Soundtrack Player music service. The new Sonos app update triggers something that requires the Soundtrack Player music service to be “Reauthorized” (Problem #1). Then when you try to Reauthorize the service, you will receive a Success message on the Soundtrack Player service that says “You can now return to Sonos to play music.” Unfortunately when you return to the Sonos app it shows a spinning circle and eventually errors out (Problem #2). There is some missing/broken code between the Soundtrack Player authorization and the new Sonos app. This effected all of our iOS devices running Sonos at both of our locations. The tech directed me to try the Sonos Web App to try and reauthorize the service, but that had the same issue as well. 

The work-around fix (which may not last long): is to connect to an old Sonos app. For example an old Windows or Mac laptop app version. I downloaded the Sonos Controller for Mac (Version: 16.2, Sonos OS: S2, Build: 79052294).  Follow the exact same steps to Reauhorize the Soundtrack Player service from within the old Sonos Mac laptop version and you should see a success message within the Sonos Mac app after you’ve returned from reauthorizing the Soundtrack Player service. Then content from Soundtrack Player will slowly start populating within the Sonos app again.

Permanent fix: No known timeline. Hoping the tech I worked with can escalate to get this resolved sooner rather than later.