Answered

Some downloaded iTunes songs not appearing on Sonos

• 3 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Yesterday (2nd Dec’20) l purchased & downloaded 13 songs from iTunes store. They came from different albums but l grouped them together on iTunes to make an album. I have done this several times previously without issue. However this time there is a problem. After Sonos updated the library only 4 of the 13 songs have appeared. They are all correctly located in the same folder on my NAS, all the data matches that should. I have removed them all from the NAS, updated the library so removed them, added back onto the NAS but still only the 4 appear.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Lee Jefferies 3 December 2020, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

When you say 'all the data matches that should', what exactly do you mean?

This will be a tagging (metadata) issue of some sort.

Badge

Upon checking again the properties of the files after your reply l think l found the issue. The one’s not appearing are stating that ‘windows does not have media use age rights information for this content. The program used to obtain the content might provide media usage rights information.’ 

l assume this is a DRM issue but l thought that Apple no longer sold DRM protected music.

Badge

Further information...added the ‘Kind’ column in iTunes songs and can see that the songs that haven’t appeared on Sonos just say ‘AAC audio file’. The ones that do appear show ‘Purchased AAC audio file’. Why or how this has happened l don’t understand but getting nearer to solving the problem.

Are all in a file format supported by Sonos (bit depth, sample rate etc)?

I also thought Apple no longer applied DRM to outright purchases. It does restrict the playing of 'downloaded, offline' content to Apple devices,  but that doesn't sound like it applies to your situation. 

I’d try deleting the local copy, and a fresh download from Apple. Sounds like something is messed up.