Answered

Some AIFF Files won't show up in my library

• 10 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an issue where some 44.1 kHz 16 bit AIFF files show up in my library and some do not.  Anything ripped in Itunes shows up fine, but a friend sent me a folder with files in the identical specs and that folder (as an album) and those files do not, even after multiple indexes of my music library. Wonder if it has something to do with “Little Endian” vs. “Big Endian” byte order, but any help appreciated

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 October 2023, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kwoitach 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sonos displays indexed files using their metadata, so if the metadata is missing from the files, they will not show up in the app after indexing. This is the most likely cause of your problem, so please ensure that the files in question have their tags. There are many free applications available for Windows that will tag files en-mass for you, including Windows (or macOS) itself.

If this turns out not to be the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to investigate further.

I hope this helps.

Check the Folders view in the music library. Even untagged files should appear. 

Thank you all.  This was indeed the solution.  Really appreciate the fast and coherent responses.