Skip to main content
Question

software update of speakers

• 12 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello

As the new version of the app was not working, I tried to install the sonos S1 controller instead. But it seems that it was not possible to do that. so that failed. Since then, the sonos app won’t open. It says that the speakers need to be updated but the update fails. I have tried to download again the sonos app and reboot my internet router. but nothing works… I have no idea what to do… Please help!!!

Thank you for your help

Does anyone know if my problem is because of the new update ? I can't open the app. I am waiting for a new update but I have no clue if it will fix the problem...Β 

Thank youΒ 

Moderator edit: Combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does anyone know if my problem is because of the new update ? I can't open the app. I am waiting for a new update but I have no clue if it will fix the problem...Β 

Thank youΒ 

I think that you need someone from Sonos to answer this @Florence42Β 

From memory, when they did the S1/S2 split they said that the Speakers that remained on S1 would receive limited updates.

Logically over time they would have removed S1 specific functions from the S2 updates that we have been installing to our speakers.Β 

Hopefully someone from Sonos will give you the guidance that you need.

Than you

Yes I would really like an answer from sonos support but I can't reach anyone.…

The attempt to go back to sonos s1 did not work (a message said that it was not possible to go back to s1 app) so I am not completely sure it is the problem. The speakers still work with the windows app, fortunatly...

@Florence42Β 

The linked thread may help you, thought I cannot assure you that it will:

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/downgrade-sonos-port-from-s2-to-s1-6892618?postid=16730755#post16730755

I have just unplugged all my speakers and reboot my wifi and the update of the speakers was successful this time !!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the help and answers ! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘