Answered

sleep timer missing on new app

Userlevel 5
Badge

Why have Sonos removed the sleep timer function in the new App . This makes my speaker useless to me. 
   Waiting for a response from Sonos but if nothing forthcoming I will have to ditch it and change brands as I use it all the time. 

if you’re having the same issues please email Sonos as well, the more that do should hopefully make them take some action !! 

icon

Best answer by Mathfuzzy 8 May 2024, 07:17

View original

95 replies

Userlevel 4

I just sent a note to the CEO. This is totally unacceptable. I use the alarm daily and it’s missing too. 

if you feel th same and are inclined to write, it’s ceo@sonos.com

At least give a warning and a path back to the previous app. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thankfully I have the old app on my work phone , so can at least use it that way, for now . 

Userlevel 3

How is the timer set in new app? By this I mean the shut off timer so a program or station play for a designated time period.

Userlevel 3

Really missing the sleep timer on new app…

Userlevel 3

Yes please, please reintroduce this feature

Userlevel 3

Totally agree, sleep timer function is something I use everyday, can’t believe they rolled this out without it! Also amazed to find the ability to set and edit alarms is missing as well. Just written to the CEO to ask him to get these points addressed asap! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Why have Sonos removed the sleep timer function in the new App . This makes my speaker useless to me. 
   Waiting for a response from Sonos but if nothing forthcoming I will have to ditch it and change brands as I use it all the time. 

if you’re having the same issues please email Sonos as well, the more that do should hopefully make them take some action !! 

Likewise and emailed the CEO. I very much doubt he/she sees these though ….    

Are you comfortable using Alexa to set the timer?

I, too, have written the CEO, as well as submitting a request to re-implement the sleep timer ASAP. I wonder what technical difficulty led them to delay this?

Andrew

Userlevel 1

You can use Hey Sonos stop playing in ? Hours.

Dlaczego brakuje możliwości ustawienia alarmu????? Chcę starą wersję aplikacji, a jak nie to sprzedaję głośniki i zmienię na inną firmę. Skandal!!!

Userlevel 2

Really missing the sleep timer on new app…

I completely agree. Such a basic function of their app and to miss this in an alleged upgrade makes zero sense to me. I also use this daily. Hope it’s fixed soon. 

Userlevel 3

It's totally inacceptable to remove such important features that we use daily! Like what were they thinking!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I think its important to make a distinction between what has been removed and what isn’t yet present, although to the end user the distinction is moot.

We know alarms are present in the underlying OS and therefore is present on the speakers and amps.  The UI of the phone app is clearly unfinished (and yeah that is another way of saying rushed out).  But alarms clearly haven’t been removed.l, per say.  I’m not excusing it, I’m just saying it’s not in the app — yet, but it hasn’t been removed from the OS.  I don’t know why I’m saying this when Sonos should have stepped in by now and calmed the waters here, but they haven’t.  Sit tight, the missing bits will be added in, though they can’t come soon enough. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

The sleep timer was something that I used daily. It was a really poor decision to release an updated app without supporting it, or to *at least* let customers know that it’s not supported before encouraging them to upgrade to the new app.

Update: I also emailed the CEO, and suggest others do as well.

Userlevel 2

I am furious with Sonos. Removing the alarm clock just like that. Do they know their customers or even care about what we care for? Never have I been this angry with a company as I am with Sonos at this moment. 

Userlevel 2

As per an earlier suggestion, I’ve emailed the CEO. This app is such a backwards step. As well

as critical features being missing (sleep timer, alarms), we’re also having huge issues with music playback since upgrading (audio books jump all over the place, music just stops all the time, albums play out of sync, what is playing is not what’s displayed on the app, content from music library displays no information at all on the app screen, etc., etc.) Have been using Sonos for over a decade, but this is the worst it’s been. A terrible upgrade, which seems to have had neither proper testing nor decent feedback from end users.

Badge

You can use Hey Sonos stop playing in ? Hours.

I used Alexa, this worked. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unacceptable no sleep timer what were they thinking!!!!

I am also a regular user of the sleep timer option. 
An alternative for now could be to use the timer in iphone and set action as „stop playing“. It works but, I hope that they bring back the option. 
Also, its a bit annoying that we cannot access the EQ directly from the volume control :( 

The support just Say me these features Will Come back in futur update, but we Always Can use them with desktop remote controller (application on computer).

Did we just go back 50 years in technology?!?!

I am also a regular user of the sleep timer option. 
An alternative for now could be to use the timer in iphone and set action as „stop playing“. It works but, I hope that they bring back the option. 
Also, its a bit annoying that we cannot access the EQ directly from the volume control :( 

Thanks for the work around.

Really poor on the part of Sonos…this is not how to do business.

Userlevel 1

I used the sleep time every night. I can’t believe they removed this function. The app was better before these changes. Now it’s less functional and useful. If there isn’t a planned fix on the horizon. I will look into other speaker manufactures for a bedroom speaker. Eventually, switching to such brand for all speakers. Please bring back the sleep timer. I was happy before the sleep timer removal and was talking up Sonos to friends and family. Many now have the Sonos system because of me. Now, I will have to talk about a key features Sonos no longer contains.