Question

Sleep timer in new Sonos app

I can't find a slip timer in the new Sonos app to turn off music playback.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It’s been removed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We have a Sonos in our daughter's room, she's not yet two years old and my wife plays relaxing music when it's time to sleep.

This morning she reported that she couldn't find the sleep timer. I seem to recall Sonos has always had this function, maybe on the old CR100 controller but that's back in 2006 so I can't be sure, but definitely by the time of CR200.

Is this definitely removed or just hard to find?

When will it come back?

Thanks to this thread we can upgrade (sic) for now but I wonder if Sonos will eventually block it from working (we won't be updating the system but not sure if you can use it without logging in anymore):

It's really not right to impact families like this. We placed our trust in Sonos to work reliably so it can be used as part our daily routine. And bed time for adults and children and proper sleep are really important, so to find ourselves having to mess around with apps suddenly is extremely intrusive and disruptive.

I'm not sure if the product and design team have taken any steps to learn about how their customers use the product. I suspect it's all analytics dashboards and targets now.

The soul of Sonos was lost years ago. Unfortunately basic competency has also gone out of the window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sleep Timer is still available in the Desktop apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry but that basic feature is gone. Have a great day! /s

yes im being silly