Question

SiriusXM "The channel does not exist (anymore)

• 28 September 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2

SiriusXM "The channel does not exist (anymore)

camnot play music on sonos from siriusxm

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
And? Do you have some reason to not believe the message? If you share the actual channel you are having a problem with, others can try it also.

Sirius itself is fine, as you can see from the Sonos status page, and the fact that I just played the only station i ever play on it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Well I just got this message after channel 76 Symphony Hall suddenly quit playing. I have gotten the message several times over tye lasy half hour as I have tried to restart. I have reason to believe the message is bullshit as my Firefox browser has no trouble at all in going to Symphony Hall.

Bill Frazier
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Further information. I have now tried several different Sirius Xm channels. I get the same stupid message. Since my web browser on my laptop has no problem finding the channels I must conclude that they do indeed exist. While I have gotten "not encoded correctly" messages and lost connection messages at various times, this evening is the first time I have seen the does not exist message. I had been listening for several hours when it suddenly quit.
Have you tried unplugging all of your Sonos devices from the power, then rebooting your router? Once the router comes back up, you can plug back in all Sonos devices. This might help your situation.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
After a couple of hours, Sirius Xm channels reappeared.
That suggests a DNS problem somewhere in the internet between your location and the Sirius XM streaming server.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
During the outage, I repeatedly accessed several different Sirius Xm channels from my laptop. They were there, They were streaming content. Those same channels produced the "does not exist (anymore)." message on Sonos. Same router and, presumably, same DNS service.
Ah, you'd certainly think so. I don't know specifically about SiriusXM, but some of the others use different portals depending on the code base that's reaching out to get a stream, so that they can effectively track where a user is coming from. It's possible that the server (port) that they gave Sonos is different than the one that they use for their laptop access.

All Sonos does in all situations is point to a server somewhere else, in order to get data. They don't do any filtering or processing of the streams, they never go to Sonos servers to sit, the speakers just reach out to where the streaming company says to to grab the data.

I'd guesstimate that the chances that this was an issue on Sonos' side to be less than 2%.

I'd guesstimate that the chances that this was an issue on Sonos' side to be less than 2%.

I’m experiencing this issue now and it’s very frustrating, I’m not sure if that means it may be 4% on the Sonos side now but SiriusXM won’t play.

Badge

This same issue started for me a couple of days ago. I have found a SiriusXM station that will play through Sonos.

Badge

The problem seems to have fixed itself without any router or Sonos reboots.

That suggests that the issue was on the side of SiriusXM, surely?