Answered

SiriusXM categories

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

The SiriusXM app no longer has categories, stations are just listed in numerical order. What happened? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 February 2024, 05:49

View original

4 replies

The SiriusXM app? That wouldn’t be controlled by Sonos. You’d need to chat with the SiriusXM folks.

The SiriusXM part of the Sonos controller should be working, though, it would connect to a different SiriusXM server. It is feasible that the connection to their authorization server can get confused, normally can be reset by either removing the SiriusXM plugin from the Sonos controller, and then re-adding it, or sometimes just going in to ‘check for updates’ in the settings for the controller.

Ultimately, SiriusXM’s servers are responsible for filling in the data for SiriusXM in the Sonos controller, if there is data missing, it’s likely a connection problem between the speakers and the SiriusXM server. 

Yes, the Siriusxm control within the Sonos app. It works, it's just formatted in a less usable way now. I'll check for updates.

For what it’s worth, Sonos just displays what is sent by SiriusXM, they don’t modify it or sort it in any way. If you want changes in appearance, you should let SiriusXM know. 

Thanks, I didn't know that. I went into my SiriusXM app, found the place to provide feedback and they had an option for the controller within Sonos.