Skip to main content
Question

SiriusXM Canada cannot be accessed since Sonos App update

• 2 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Since the update I cannot access SiriusXM Canada. Attempts to authorize are rewarded with “Something went wrong….. checkyour internet connection”. Other streamingservices are working fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same problem on the Android app. Since the update, all of my favourites are greyed out. When I try to add SiriusXm Canada to my list of services I get the same error. I have been using SiriusXM DAILY since I started using Sonos in the mid 2010s and I am appalled that I can no longer access it from the app.

Fortunately, I can call up stations using Alexa but I can’t select on-demand programming because I can’t get into the menus. 

However, on my Android Tablet I prevented the update from taking place and have the prior App. Everything still works there. 

This is ridiculous.  Sonos, the decision to switch to the new App while it was still a prototype ranks up there with New Coke! 

I finally succeeded. 

Installed the latest Sonos App update on iPad. On SiriusXM Canada website I changed my streaming login name and password.

On the Sonos app I tried to authorize SiriusXM Canada again but no luck “Something went wrong...”

Then I tried just plain SiriusXM (the US service) and authorized with my new Canadian streaming credentials… Bingo!

Working well so far...

Thank you. I will give that a try!

I just had this issue on my new system.  I could not sign in with my streaming account on my Samsung phone.  I installed the app on my iPad and I was able to sign in with my streaming account and things immediately started showing up.  Once I logged out and back into the app on my phone, everything was listed and played.