Skip to main content

Anyone having an issue playing Sirius XM 70/80’s Christmas channel (780) on your sonos system?  Every other station works fine but that.  It plays fine directly on the sirius app.

Anyone having an issue playing Sirius XM 70/80’s Christmas channel (780) on your sonos system?  Every other station works fine but that.  It plays fine directly on the sirius app.

I think it’s illegal to play any Christmas channel in November! :joy::rofl:

No kidding….tell my wife that!!!

At least until after Thanksgiving, here in the States ;)

I’m not a subscriber to test, unfortunately, but Sonos doesn’t have control over what SiriusXM supplies in their stream, you may want to contact SiriusXM’s customer service.

Same here...some Christmas channels work on my Sonos system (for example 781 accoustic) but 783 “Holiday chill-out ” simply will not work!!

Yep just tried that and it will not play.  Strange.

Same problem here on all devices. PC and Phone app. For instance if you try to play music on the Holly Channel it lets you drill all the way down to the channel and then “No Selections available”. Have tried removing the Sirius XM Account but same problem.

As I’ve stated, Sonos doesn’t control what SiriusXM provides on the server that Sonos points to, you’d be better off sharing your concern with SiriusXM. I’m relatively certain they have no one monitoring the Sonos forums. 

As I’ve stated, Sonos doesn’t control what SiriusXM provides on the server that Sonos points to, you’d be better off sharing your concern with SiriusXM. I’m relatively certain they have no one monitoring the Sonos forums. 

While I can understand that line of thinking, this doesn’t explain why the problem is hit or miss depending on the user. For instance, I can only see the Hallmark Christmas Channel, no others. Posters above see other channels, but not some others. If your reason was true, the problem would be universal across the board.

Sonos Support...I am also having this exact issue. Whenever I try to play holiday channels on Sonos & SiriusXM on channels 780, 783, 785, 789 it DO NOT WORK - the Sonos app only responds with “unable to play selected items”

• 778 works
  • 779 works
  • 780 DOES NOT WORK
  • 781 works
  • 782 works
  • 783 DOES NOT WORK
  • 784 works
  • 785 DOES NOT WORK
  • 786 works
  • 787 works
  • 789 DOES NOT WORK

• Do you see the other channels on the SiriusXM app? How about on the SiriusXM website?
    • Yes, all the channels are there. I also see them all on the SiriusXM website
  • Do you experience the same on other music services?
    • No, this is limited to a subset of channels inside Sonos SiriusXM, the Holiday stations, In addition, these channels works on the Sirius XM web player and app. Also logged out/in to SXM account on app and Sonos.
  • Have you tried rebooting your router and all your Sonos speakers
    • Yes, all rebooted

I have also removed the Sonos SiriusXM app/integration and re-added. The same behavior appears.

Sonos Support...I am also having this exact issue. Whenever I try to play holiday channels on Sonos & SiriusXM on channels 780, 783, 785, 789 it DO NOT WORK - the Sonos app only responds with “unable to play selected items”

• 778 works
  • 779 works
  • 780 DOES NOT WORK
  • 781 works
  • 782 works
  • 783 DOES NOT WORK
  • 784 works
  • 785 DOES NOT WORK
  • 786 works
  • 787 works
  • 789 DOES NOT WORK
  • Do you see the other channels on the SiriusXM app? How about on the SiriusXM website?
    • Yes, all the channels are there. I also see them all on the SiriusXM website
  • Do you experience the same on other music services?
    • No, this is limited to a subset of channels inside Sonos SiriusXM, the Holiday stations, In addition, these channels works on the Sirius XM web player and app. Also logged out/in to SXM account on app and Sonos.
  • Have you tried rebooting your router and all your Sonos speakers
    • Yes, all rebooted

I have also removed the Sonos SiriusXM app/integration and re-added. The same behavior appears.

Something I just figured out. There are two locations for these channels. There are “Live Channel’s” which all work for me, and “On Demand which is where I experience the problem. Not sure how I missed the Holiday section in “Live Channels” but they all work for me.