Answered

Sirius XM Issue

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Evert time try to get to my Sirius XM in the sonos app it says “Sorry something went wrong. Please try again. I have to reauthorize my XM account with username and password. I can then access all channels. The next time I again try to access all channels I get the same message and have to reauthorize the account. This is also happening on my wife’s sonos app as well. Is this a Sonos App issue?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 July 2023, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hoyavb

There was a Sirius XM outage yesterday where browsing and initiating playback was affected. This has since been resolved and you should be able to use Sirius XM again. 

You can also check the front page of the community or our Service Status page for any potential outage.

I hope this helps!

It did not as we are still having the issue but thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hoyavb,

If you’re still having issues after the outage was resolved, you may be running into a different issue.

I’d suggest testing with a different music service to see if you experience the same issue and, if so, we may be looking at a network issue. If it’s just with Sirius XM, I would suggest both reauthorizing your account in the Sonos app and a reboot of your router, Sonos system, and controller by powering them off for around 30 seconds to 1 minute.

You may have already tried the above, but it would be worth trying them again since the outage was resolved.

If you’re still having issues and the above steps don’t help, please reach out to our support team for further assistance as they have the tools available to help troubleshoot this issue with you.