Skip to main content
Answered

Sirius - "Unable to Browse"

My Sirius is not playing on Sonos.

Amazon Music and Tune In Radio stations are playing fine.

Saved Sirius stations sping and return, “Unable to play the Radio station.”

If I go to Browse=>SiriusXM=>Live and Extra Channels, it spins for a moment and returns “Unable to browse music”.

This is happening on PC, Android, and iPad controllers.

I first noticed it this afternoon; Sirius had been playing fine all weekend.

https://status.sonos.com/ does not indicate any problems. I have gone to Settings=>Services & Voice=>SiriusXM=>Reauthorize Account and confirmed I’m signed in.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Having exact same issue here. I first noticed it Sunday. I was not home to try yesterday, but experienced same today. 

Same here.  The SiriusXM works fine, but not using the Sonus app.

https://status.sonos.com

Status site says this is fixed, but I’m still receiving the unable to browse music message for SiriusXM. I’ve tried relaunching the program, but no change. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Per OP:

https://status.sonos.com/ does not indicate any problems.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Same here.  The SiriusXM works fine, but not using the Sonus app.

I forgot to mention that. Same here.

Yep still not streaming via Sonus. 

Status pages shows

Nope not true for me

When I posted that link, the status page was indicating there was an issue. It may be resolved at this point. If you’re still having an issue, you may want to remove Sirius XM from your controller, then add it back in to force a new handshake with the SiriusXM servers. You might also want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I may have a solution. As the above users, I received the “Unable to play the Radio station” message when I first tried to play any Sirius station through Sonos. Sometimes, after repeated attempts, Sirius would play. However, because of the problem, I was forced to stop using any Sirius station as a wake up alarm. I both reauthorized and reinstalled Sirius to no avail. I called customer service and was told there was no problem with my system. Finally, I changed my account by changing the email. That has seemed to solve the problem. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

When I posted that link, the status page was indicating there was an...

NOTE TO SONOS: STOP POSTING  THE ‘BEST ANSWER’. *I* AM THE OP AND *I* KNOW WHAT THE ‘BEST ANSWER’ IS, NOT YOU OR YOUR BOTS!!!!!

No offense intended to @Airgetlam, but that’s not a solution to the problem and this thread should not be marked as ‘resolved’ because someone suggested calling Tech Support...

I may have a solution. As the above users, I received the “Unable to play the Radio station” message when I first tried to play any Sirius station through Sonos. Sometimes, after repeated attempts, Sirius would play. However, because of the problem, I was forced to stop using any Sirius station as a wake up alarm. I both reauthorized and reinstalled Sirius to no avail. I called customer service and was told there was no problem with my system. Finally, I changed my account by changing the email. That has seemed to solve the problem. 

It had worked fine for years. You literally changed your whole Sirius account? What does that mean for your car and other non-Sonos devices?

BTW, this has seemed to be stable (i.e., working) for me for about four days now.

Mr. Mosley, you have misunderstood my post.  I changed the email relating to the Sonos account, not the Sirius account.  It was the Sonos system which has not been working properly. This morning I was awakened by a Sonos alarm playing a Sirius station.  This was the first time in weeks that Sonos was able to connect to a Sirius station.  So it appears that changing the email associated with my Sonos account actually worked.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Oh, got it. That is so randomly weird.

Never have used Sonos for an alarm. (I don’t know that I’d trust it!)