Sharing 1 Sonos Account for the whole family

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everybody,
I am using Sonos Amp and using it with App on Phone. I want to ask if my Sonos Account can be shared directly with family members? Can multiple devices sign-in with the same Sonos Account or do I have to add other members under the music streaming service?

To clarify, I want when I leave the house, my family members can go to my Sonos Account that is already shared on their device and use Spotify to play.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Unless you’re making changes to the setup, there’s no ‘logging in’ that needs to occur, they just install the application on their device, and connect it. They’ll be able to play music without ‘logging in’. 

Unless you’re making changes to the setup, there’s no ‘logging in’ that needs to occur, they just install the application on their device, and connect it. They’ll be able to play music without ‘logging in’. 

Thanks for your respond,

If their device connects, will my Spotify show up and allow them to operate freely? 

What are the limitations of this approach compared to letting them log-in directly to my Sonos account? Because I want to give the family the most comfortable use.

Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions, it will help me a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“If their device connects, will my Spotify show up and allow them to operate freely? “

Yes, but when you are outside of the Sonos environment and start your Spotify it will stop o0n Sonos (Spotify's rules). You can add more Spotify accounts to one Sonos account though.

“What are the limitations of this approach compared to letting them log-in directly to my Sonos account? Because I want to give the family the most comfortable use."

Allowing them to log in wil give them a bit more space to change settings. You could try if not being logged in hampers their experience by starting of not having them log in.  

Thanks for all the info and answers, all of you. I really appreciate this feedback.