Skip to main content
Question

Setting up Sonos One with Controller on Android

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently lost connection to my pair of Sonos One stereo speakers. After resetting both devices, my Android controller app is unable to detect or set them up again.
Could this be related to the recent app issues Sonos has been experiencing? I saw that some Wi-Fi fixes are planned for mid-June. Will I have to wait until then for my stereo pair to reconnect properly?
Any insight from the community would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping to get my Sonos setup working again soon.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A bit late now but in the future please don’t factory reset your devices unless advised.  The reset will have deleted any diagnostic information contained on them..

Can you try connecting the devices via an Ethernet cable directly to your router and see if the App can add them?

A bit late now but in the future please don’t factory reset your devices unless advised.  The reset will have deleted any diagnostic information contained on them..

Can you try connecting the devices via an Ethernet cable directly to your router and see if the App can add them?

Yes, I realise that now, after resetting.. 😬

I’ll try the hard-wiring and report back. Thanks for the input!

So I connected one of the speakers to my router by ethernet cable. Then the app decided to connect to the other speaker, that was on Wifi! It wouldn’t connect previously… no idea… 

Anyway, just got to set up the libraries again now. Seems to be OK so far.

Thanks for the help.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So I connected one of the speakers to my router by ethernet cable. Then the app decided to connect to the other speaker, that was on Wifi! It wouldn’t connect previously… no idea… 

Anyway, just got to set up the libraries again now. Seems to be OK so far.

Thanks for the help.  

Great news 👍