Setting Up Amazon Music Unlimited

• 26 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How are people playing Amazon Music Unlimited through Sonos?  All I can manage to get on the S2 app is the Free, Prime version.  I called Amazon support and was told that S2 doesn't support Unlimited,  that I can only cast to a Sonos speaker that has Bluetooth or Alexa.  If that's true, that's nuts. 

It seems that others here do use Unlimited on Sonos, but I can't see how. 

I do subscribe to Unlimited,  10 bucks per month, but can only listen on my pc, phone or tablet and only using the Amazon App, not S2.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you added Amazon Music as a music service within the Sonos app and signed in with the same details as your Unlimited account?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rob_95 

What a shame to Amazon support that they are telling such a rubbish. 
It should work like @Mr. T said. Connect Amazon Music as a service to Sonos from within the Sonos app. 
Have you connected a different Amazon account before that is on free status? Then you might have two accounts connected to Sonos and have to choose between them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My Amazon unlimited is working perfectly with Sonos, well enough I cancelled the other service I used.

You could try removing your Unlimited Amazon, power cycling your Sonos and controller then adding it back and signing in. If it doesn’t work send Sonos a diagnostic (within a few minutes) and call Support with the ID number. They have tools and access to internal data we users don’t.

Yes, I’m using Amazon Music Unlimited (individual plan) here too on Sonos and it works fine - I see tracks showing Atmos audio/UltraHD badges in the Sonos App. See attached screenshot of Sonos App showing examples.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I discovered what I was doing wrong.   If you try to browse Amazon through the Sonos app, you only get limited access.  That's where I was stuck.   You have to use the Sonos app search function instead.   I wish I had known that. 😕