Skip to main content

Having updated the Sonos App I’ve spent an hour trying to find the Alarm settings. I swear it’s missing!  Please tell me where I can find them.

I also now have an alarm every week day which I can’t turn off, change the time or change the alarm sound. And a load of other features have gone like sleep timer, queue changes etc etc. Sonos you suck so much

The Sonos Help instructions suggest there should be an Alarm button under Settings | Manage but it doesn’t exist on iOS.

This is a good way to ruin the brand value of a premium sound system. Well done. 👎 

The alarm button has showed up for me in iOS last 2 days. Doesn’t look like the software version number has changed.  Don’t know if Sonos is issuing updates under the same version number. Try the standard reboot and check App Store.

Thanks for all the replies. Having been in contact with Sonos I have overcome the problem by installing the desk top program on my Windows PC which gives access to the alarms and a number of other functions missing from the iOS app, including access to my music library. I was told that they intend to include these functions in later updates . Poor performance for SONOS release a half finished app.

Thanks for all the replies. Having been in contact with Sonos I have overcome the problem by installing the desk top program on my Windows PC which gives access to the alarms and a number of other functions missing from the iOS app, including access to my music library. I was told that they intend to include these functions in later updates . Poor performance for SONOS release a half finished app.

Unfortunately there is not option now for MacOs or iOS app FU Sonos!!!

According to Sonos these options will be available at some in the future for iOS.

New Sonos app is worse than previous

can not believe they release an app and remove the alarms 

I though it was me but you are right now you ned a computer to set them up

im looking to downgrade the app in my iOS devs

Looks like the Alarm issue is not mine alone. Do not understand how they messed this up so badly… who is accountable? While the S1 SONOS App automatically went to the New SONOS App Version, you may want to RE-download the SONOS S1 App and try to manage Alarms that way. Im a IOS user. 

Pathetic

I tried deleting and adding back Sonos app on my Pixel 8 (android), but Alarms still not there, although website says it’s in latest app version. Guess I just have to keep waiting for next app update.

I am so dissapointed! I wish you would spend less time pimping me with new products and get the products you've already shipped working better. I can't believe you left out the alarm and the timer why did you even bother to ship the update? Rollback!

This update is totally unacceptable, the fact that having installed it with all its shortcomings, it is not possible to re install the last S2 version is utterly ridiculous. Really disillusioned, annoyed and disappointed with SONOS!

Please sort this NOW! if not, this needs being publicised all over social media to warn anyone thinking of investing in SONOS equipment.

I shall start right now publishing on social media what a disaster SONOS is. 
Is SONOS Inc. run by a handful of incompetent teenagers unaware of page one of any business school first-year textbook: DON’T SEND UNTESTED ITEMS ON THE MARKET! 
This is utterly unbelievable. The top people should be fired immediately and without any golden handshakes - plus most of the IT department.
Unfortunately, I have invested in more than 10 SONOS units, What a bad investment! Now I have only 2 choices:
1) Stick to SONOS. Obviously a bad choice.
2) Sell the SONOS units for what they are worth: Almost nothing. Obviously a bad choice.

You may have guessed by now that I am sick and tired of *new and glorious* app versions that are bombing you back to square one. In that respect, SONOS Inc. is not alone.

WTF where is my alarms on the new app, I’m a shift worker & can’t change any alarm settings 🤬I’m being woken up in the middle of the night. I have to unplug all my Sonos equipment & use my phone. Absolutely not acceptable.

Check for updates, seems Sonos fixed alarms. Clearly, Sonos marketing wanted to launch the headphone product which needed the new release to work, but the app software was not ready, so CEO/marketing saw $ and decided to release an incomplete app…. IMO. 

When greed is above all - the company starts going down the drain.

Greed for sure, but I think with the sales of Sonos boxes in a big slump (~240 000 fewer sales last year than the year before), this is more about survival. 

So? 
Did Sonos ever came back by when they will have fixed the alarm issue?

btw I can set the alarm via laptop, but whatever I chose there, only the annoying Sonos Sound gets played. Ridiculous!

This functionality has been restored for US IOS users. I now have the ability to add and set alarms as well as the music I would like it to play. I’m using an iPhone 15 Pro.

Still broken on android phones

I’m selling my system because of this. I need the alarm function for Sonos to be worth it, the app is already slow as hell.

Seems silly to abandon a company because of a major app release failure. Pretty sure they get the picture that they dropped the ball big time. I doubt that will happen again. You know the ole saying, fool me once…. I’ve been with Sonos for more than a decade and this is hands down their sloppiest release in that time. They’ve done right in every other instance that I’ve had to deal with them. If it happens again, we’ll then fool me twice….

My  alarms showed up today. Hallelujah!!!

Sonos is decent but every app they've launched regardless of updates have been unbelievably slow and unresponsive.
I was dependant on the alarm working, now that it doesn't I need an alternative. Its unfortunately just how it is

Sonos is decent but every app they've launched regardless of updates have been unbelievably slow and unresponsive.
I was dependant on the alarm working, now that it doesn't I need an alternative. Its unfortunately just how it is

Alarms were fixed 9 days ago.

I did find that their app was slow to load at times. The problem was the boost I was using. Not sure if it was something internal glitching but once I removed the boost and switched them to connect directly to my home network. Seemed to run smoother and all my products loaded much quicker.

Alarms were fixed 9 days ago.

Alarms are still not working for me. When I try to save an alarm, it does not work. The time that I set it to doesn’t save, and the alarm doesn’t play. I’m using the latest app on the latest version of iOS