Service icons - Audible and Youtube Music icons missing

• 25 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

As in the title - the icons for these services have disappeared in the iOS app. They do appear in the Mac app. Is this just me?

Also - is there still no way to remove the Sonos Radio service. I tried it and didn’t like it. 

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge

Audible is back. Not YouTube though yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Icons for music services are read from a static endpoint, and contain icons for both desktop and mobile controllers. Is your Sonos app current? The format changed a few months ago. Are you running S1 or S2?

On the PC app you can see the icon cache from C:\programdata\SonosV2,_Inc\cache but I don’t know of a way of getting to that on iOS. Uninstalling the Sonos app and reinstalling it will clear it on iOS though.

Badge

Thanks for the reply. I’m running the latest app on an iPhone. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I’ve tried removing the service and adding it again. However - none of these things worked. The audible icon came back “on its own” last time but has disappeared again on reinstalling the app. The services work but it’s just a bit annoying not to see the correct icon. 

Youtube Music icon is still just a dotted square icon on Android.

Given how completely utterly pathetic YTM is on Sonos, I'm not surprised no one gives a damm.

FYI - YTM icon on Windows appears fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Dig some digging and YTM uses a single SVG for its icon, but due to how the database is constructed it might not use it, depending on the device type and the version of the app.

The database entry looks wrong for YTM, its only listed in size “square:x-large” and if your device is not “large enough”, you’ll get the default icon shown above. (The mapping of sizes to device types is no longer well documented by Sonos). It seems to be the only music service with a database entry like this.

The Desktop controllers are a lot simpler, they use PNGs and seldom change.

Fun fact: the icons for Google Play (RIP) are still in the database, for the Desktop apps anyway.

Nice work… 

Goes to show the bad blood between Google and Sonos knows no bounds, apart from the obvious --- terrible integration of YTM within Sonos.