Sending Audio from Spotify app

• 15 November 2022
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Have a customers house where they want to use spotify app to play music on the Sonos. Issue is they select the Sonos Player from Spotify App, it connects, but when they play music nothing happens, no music, though spotify app shows it should be, when i look in the sonos app it shows no music selected. But if the zone is on already it will start playing. I have checked this behavior from my personal house and it definitely works at my house using the exact same procedure. I have created a new account, reset all players in the house and added them to the new account, disconnected all network devices in the house except for 2 sonos amps(Hardwired) and an access point for my phone to connect too. I have an android, also used an ipad and iphone, all behave the same way. With the iphones and ipads, I can airplay from the devices fine(pull down from upper right corner and select airplay) but not thru the spotify app, has the same issue from inside the spotify app. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

7 replies

The spotify account has been setup in the Sonos app?  Any trouble playing spotify when initiated from Sonos app rather than Spotify app?

it does have a spotify account setup in sonos and it works fine from the Sonos app.

Edit Please ignore this stupid post

Is the Sonos skill for Alexa installed in Alexa?  This is required because the Alexa software is used in the casting.  This is irrespective of whether Alexa is being used for voice control.

Is the Sonos skill for Alexa installed in Alexa?  This is required because the Alexa software is used in the casting.  This is irrespective of whether Alexa is being used for voice control.

For Spotify? This is true for Amazon music, but didn't know Spotify Connect used the same method.

Apologies.  Why I was thinking amazon music I cannot say. As you have correctly pointed out my post is complete rubbish.

This should not make a difference, but do all Sonos devices have WM = 0 in About my System ?

I haven't been back to the site yet to verify the WM yet.