Answered

Searching songs with Gaana in Sonos app not working

• 1 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos playbar and added my Gaana account to stream the music. When I search songs or movie names, Sonos app doesn’t show any results but when I do the same search in Gaana app it display the results.

It is very frustrating because Sonos playbar can be used with Sonos App if we are not connected to the TV and music search don’t work.

Any suggestion on this or is this a know issue with Sonos APP

icon

Best answer by Paul A 3 January 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @VK2516.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are having issues browsing your Gaana music service through the Sonos App. Let me help you out with that.

This situation may be caused by either a poor internet connection or wireless interference. I would like to share with you some guides on how to possibly fix this issue.

Please let us know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Paul, thanks for your quick response. I don’t think any of the above solutions will resolve the issue because, when I am in the same wifi network, searching music on GAANA app gives me the results but when I do the same search in Gaana from Sonos App, I don’t see the results.

Please contact me, I will be more than happy to show the issue or you can search Song in Gaana App directly and try searching song from Sonos App in Gaana and check are getting the same results.

I am thinking Sonos App is not working as excepted when searching for songs in Gaana App.

I don’t have other music searches to check.

Please reach out to me if you need more details.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @VK2516.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and asses what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue. I would also like to suggest going through the above steps especially the remove and re-add the music service, before contacting our technical support team and submit a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes attempting to replicate the issue and please do take note of the confirmation number. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,