Answered

Searching Pocket Casts using the Sonos app

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 26 replies

The Pocket Casts service is enabled in my Sonos controller app. However, when searching the Sonos app for a podcast, there are no results from Pocket Casts.

Is there something which needs enabling or is this a restriction within the service provided by Pocket Casts?

(Pocket Casts is connected and working. I can open the Pocket Casts service under "Browse" on the Sonos app and play podcasts from there.)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 March 2023, 00:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That seems odd, certainly. When you “search” PocketCasts, the Sonos controller sends the request to the PocketCasts’ server, and then displays anything that it gets back from that server. 

The odd part is that the rest of it is working for you. Only one part not working is suspicious. I’d certainly try removing PocketCasts from your Sonos controller, shut down the controller, and then re-install it. That should force a new “handshake” between the two services, and hopefully get the search function operational for you. 

However, if it doesn’t, I’d likely do two things. First, reach out to PocketCasts to see if there’s something wrong with their server. At the same time, I’d submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.