Answered

Search not showing all results in Youtube Music

Badge

Hi

I noticed recently some changes in the Search

Some results won’t be showing in Sonos search, such as Youtube Music.

How to reproduce:

• Use old (classic) Search “frozen” in the Sonos App, in section Youtube Music
  • “Frozen(Original Motion Picture Sountrack” and among others cannot be found at all in the “Album” section
  • If use the new Search feature, the result won’t show up at all, it says “no result”
  • I’ve also attached the search result on Youtube Music official website (for comparison reference)

Please find all screenshots attached.

Youtube music search result shows Frozen (Original Motion Picture Sountrack)

New Search won’t show any results for “frozen”

Old(Classic) Search only shows partial result  

Moderator edit - picture removed due to bad language. It showed results for Frozen from YTM

Same goes for the desktop version

Moderator edit - picture removed due to bad language. It showed results for Frozen from YTM

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 May 2023, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d like to look into this for you. I have YouTube Music and I get search results for “Frozen”, but I am using Android, not iOS which you appear to be using.

Can I ask which tier of YouTube Music you have, as in, are you using the free version, or do you have a subscription?

Please also perform the search again, then submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given. Thank you.

Badge

Hi Moderator, sorry I didn’t realise that !  I have ducted the bad word in the screenshot,  do you want me to send you/edit the original post?   thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

Please also try removing YouTube Music from Sonos and adding it again - it may fix the issue. Settings » Services & Voice » YouTube Music » Remove Account.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

Hi Moderator, sorry I didn’t realise that !  I have ducted the bad word in the screenshot,  do you want me to send you/edit the original post?   thanks

Don’t worry about it - I saw that you were able to get results via different methods, so you got the message across 😀

Badge

Hi Corry,

Thanks for that, I just removed the account and re-authorise again, however it’s the same result, there’s no Frozen OST album shown 

I’ve submitted a diagnostic number which is 575119715

BTW I’m on the Youtube Premium

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

Thanks for the details!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

YTM classic search for “frozen” / albums will return the movie soundtrack as item #11 in my app. In the Sonos iOS app i get the Spanish version as #1 (?) and the English version is missing.

For “new search” on iOS I get the same results as classic search.

I can’t explain much of this, except Google generally do a poor job of YTM integration and this seems another example of this.

(YTM Premium in the USA)

Badge

YTM classic search for “frozen” / albums will return the movie soundtrack as item #11 in my app. In the Sonos iOS app i get the Spanish version as #1 (?) and the English version is missing.

For “new search” on iOS I get the same results as classic search.

I can’t explain much of this, except Google generally do a poor job of YTM integration and this seems another example of this.

(YTM Premium in the USA)

Thanks!  It shows 20 items in total for “Album” but none of those are the Frozen OST,  and it returns no results at all for “New Search”,  I wonder if this is due to the country limitation as I have subscription for Youtube Turkey but I live in UK,  never the less it does show the Frozen OST on Youtube Music official website and app,  also I def remember I could find it some weeks ago in the Sonos app so this bug only happens recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

My colleague added a fresh, new YouTube Music account to their system and was unable to reproduce the issues you report - screenshots below:

As a result, I recommend you contact YouTube - there may well be an issue with your YouTube Music account location and you may be able to get it adjusted.

Please note, however, that I got better results when searching “Frozen OST” rather than just “Frozen” - it might be worth trying. Perhaps the movie isn’t as popular in Turkey and therefore doesn’t show “early” in the searches?

I hope this helps.

Badge

i’m Hi Corry

Thanks for looking into this, really appreciated.

I just tried searching for “frozen ost” and “frozen original soundtrack”, it does give better result, actually I’m able to find the whole ost , please find the screenshot attached.  However, do you think it’s a bit weird that searching “frozen” doesn’t give you the soundtrack at all? 

On the other hand. the New search won’t come back any result at all, this must be a bug, does the New search using a different search engine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wyk126 

I just tried searching for “frozen ost” and “frozen original soundtrack”, it does give better result, actually I’m able to find the whole ost , please find the screenshot attached.  However, do you think it’s a bit weird that searching “frozen” doesn’t give you the soundtrack at all? 

Ah good - in that case, I would just put it down to the Frozen movie being less popular in Turkey - certainly, the results appear on my phone with a UK based account, and that seems to be the main difference here. I think it’s entirely likely that there are quite a lot of tracks and albums with “frozen” in the title, and the results you get back are likely influenced heavily by the location that YouTube thinks you are in.

On the other hand. the New search won’t come back any result at all, this must be a bug, does the New search using a different search engine?

It appears there’s something missing from the iOS New Search results page that is present on Android systems, namely a switch that changes the search from being of YouTube Music’s own library of tracks, versus the tracks you have uploaded to YouTube Music yourself. On Android, there is an issue with the labelling on the switch (the word “uploaded” is missing). On iOS, the switch is missing altogether and the functionality seems to be stuck on Uploaded, and therefore will only show search results if they match tracks uploaded by you. I have flagged this behaviour for investigation, thanks to your report. In the meantime, I recommend using Classic/Old Search if seeking results from YouTube Music.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi there,

I have had the same problem with the SonosApp as previously reported in other post. Please read the full post.

I get a further issue.

I have a bunch of albums uploaded on YouTube Music. Until a few days ago, when I searched for an album by typing the artist's name under 'Album' and tap the YouTube Music Library, I was able to find all grouped albums by that artist. I think that this issue has arise maybe since the last release of the SonosApp.

Did some of you get the same problem?