Skip to main content

search function for your home stored music

• 10 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Why doesn’t the new search function now include searching your home stored music as previous releases did and have always done?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

@zipzap2902 
The previous software release (Sonos S2 App) had two different search features. The ‘Classic Search’ and the ‘New Sonos Search’. The local library search was in the older ‘Classic Search’ and the new App only contains the ‘New Sonos Search’ feature, so that’s why it’s not available.

It’s not yet clear either if Sonos plan to add the library search to their latest App as their development roadmap has not made that clear. It’s a case of waiting to see what happens.

In the case of my own local library I mostly use my own stored .m3u playlists, or I browse my library either by Artist and/or Album, so it’s not causing me too much difficulty. 

I also use Plex, iBroadcast and Emby services for my library with my Sonos speakers.

Other options are to maybe use 3rd party Apps (I use MusicStreamer on iOS, for example) with search functionality that supports either Airplay, Bluetooth or DLNA compatible protocols.

HTH. 👍