Answered

Search and play music on Youtube Music via Sonos app

• 15 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

When I choose YT Music from the Sonos music menu, all I see is a folder for playlists.

When searching for specific songs/albums/artists in Sonos search, I never get any results.

The only way I can get it to work on Sonos is just via AirPlay.

Am I missing something or is the YT Music integration that limited?

icon

Best answer by User63453 20 April 2024, 18:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @User63453, welcome back!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting YouTube Music to work on your Sonos.

Both me and a colleague were able to successfully browse YouTube Music and see results on YTM when using search in the Sonos App.

First thing I would suggest you do is remove the Music Service from the Sonos App and re-add it.

If the above doesn’t resolve it, then make sure your location is set correctly on your profile at Sonos.com

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Unfortunately, removing and readding the service has not resolved the issue. Here are screenshots of the music menu and search results.

YT Music menu in Sonos app

Sonos app search results

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you have a Free YTM account? For features you might need Premium:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/services/youtube-music

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @User63453, thank you for the quick response.

As @controlav mentions, this could be the expected behavior when using a free YouTube Music account.

But, if you have a Premium subscription with YouTube Music, there are a couple options for you:

1. Contact our Support Team via phone. They can have a look at your Sonos System, and maybe also try a test account to see if there’s any difference.
  2. Contact YouTube Support and have them check if there are any irregularities with your YouTube Music account and subscription.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks all. It is a Premium acct. so I’ll have to give Sonos Support a call.

Badge +2

Hi all,

I just resolved my issue by switching from the sub account (which I use) to the main account (which I don’t use).

In YTM, sub accounts work the same way as main accts. It’s too bad there’s no messaging along the way that warns users that using any sub acct under the main acct for the premium subscription won’t allow premium features on Sonos. 

Issue resolved. Thanks all!