Answered

Scrubbing or Fast forward / Rewind bar no long showing

• 14 November 2020
  • 3 replies

In the last few weeks the Fast forward / Rewind bar has dissapeared from both my iphone Sonos app and Mac app.  This is when playing music from my NAS drive.  It was working absolutlely fine up to a few weeks ago and now with the same tracks it doesn’t show.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 15 November 2020, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GuyBunce, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. It’s odd that buttons disappeared on the Sonos app. Let me help you with this.

First, I’d like to ask a few questions to isolate the issue and to provide you the troubleshooting steps to resolve this.

1.  Did you check for any updates on the Sonos app?
    • On iOS or Android > From the Settings tab, tap System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
  2. Did you try to reset the Sonos app on both of your devices? Did it fix the issue?
    • In the Sonos app, go to Settings > App Preferences > Reset app > follow the steps on the app
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system
  3. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sonos app?
  4. Have you tried rebooting reboot your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection?

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check what might be causing this issue and include the confirmation number in your response. Let us know if you have any questions. We’ll wait for your reply.

Hi Rowena, 

Thanks for your reply.  I have checked for updates, reset both the app on my phone and the app on my Mac.  I have tried reinsalling the Sonos app on my phone.  I haven’t tried Number 4.  Further investigations show that the bar is only missing on certain tracks.  Whilst they still play, I am unable to navigate through them.  I have submitted a diagnostic report as requested.

Thanks,

Guy

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @GuyBunce, thank you for your response and for performing the steps. We really appreciate the time and effort in resolving this issue, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps and remotely access your device to isolate the issue. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.