Question

Scrobbling to last.fm is no longer working

• 12 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge

For about two days now the music I play through my Sonos system is not scrobbling to last.fm. Looking at the settings shows I’m still logged in and it should be working. Anyone else having this problem? I have already toggled the service, reset my login, even reinstall my desktop controller.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieG, thanks for reaching out here and let me help you with your concern. What music service are you using to play that station? Have you tried from a different service and also outside Sonos is it working? 

Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Hi @CharlieG, thanks for reaching out here and let me help you with your concern. What music service are you using to play that station? Have you tried from a different service and also outside Sonos is it working? 

Hi Krishma, thanks for your response! I am using the Sonos Desktop Player to play my local music library. From the Android player playing local files as well as playing from other services I’ve also had no luck scrobbling. Scrobbling to last.fm from other sources has been working fine so I’m quite sure the issue is on the Sonos end. 

Badge

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

I have submitted a diagnostic report with this confirmation number: 903292867

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieG, thanks for your reply and for submitting a diagnostic. If that’s the case, is it okay if you try to play from a different device to isolate the problem? Also, how about other music services and your local music library, do they work fine? 

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

@Krishma M thank you for your reply. I only have one Sonos speaker if that’s what you mean by trying another device? 

I use the desktop and mobile controllers to check if the issue persists and it does from both.

I have also tried to play music through multiple sources (Spotify and local files) and neither are scrobbling. 

I suspect the issue has to do with the Sonos to last.fm back-end connection? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieG, thanks for your response. You mean no services are working now and apply to all your controllers used to control Sonos? Because if that’s the case, you may need to reboot all your devices like your modem, router, access points, and Sonos. After 5-10 seconds, connect the modem, router first and once the internet is back, connect Sonos as well. Observe and keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Hi @Krishma M,

I think you may have misunderstood - my Sonos system is working all fine EXCEPT scrobbling. I can still play music from multiple sources and multiple controller devices. However that music is not being scrobbled to last.fm.

I went ahead and tried rebooting everything like you suggested and everything seems to be the same. Still no scrobbling. I believe this issue needs to be passed on to the backend software people. Something is going wrong when Sonos tries to send scrobbles to last.fm.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieG, thanks for the update. If it’s scrobbling to other sources outside Sonos and you’ve done all the advice above, I’ll go ahead and check it on our side. Also, can you submit another diagnostic for me and also think if there were some changes prior to this? 

Badge

Thanks for the update @Krishma M, here is my diagnostic confirmation number: 892165809. 

As far as I know there were no changes on my end leading up to scrobbling breaking. I know that it worked in the morning and then that evening it was broken. During this time my controller was running in the background on my computer as it always is. 

Thank you for checking on your end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieG, thanks again for your response. While we are waiting for an update about this issue, I’d suggest trying to hardwire your speaker to your router using an ethernet cable and see if it will work after. Submit another diagnostic and keep us posted here. 

We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

@Krishma M I don’t know why hardwiring my speaker would have any impact on whether the controller is able to scrobble… but I tried it anyways to no avail. 

The issue seems to be within the controller, that it’s unable to connect with the last.fm api correctly.