Skip to main content
Question

Scrambled local music library

• 24 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Ever since the launch of the new S2 app my system has suffered from the error code 913 unable to load local music library issue. I tried the various workarounds indicated by the community, and I still can’t configure my library directly, the 913 error code persists. However I have succeeded in implementing the NAS workaround, and have managed to get the library recognised through configuring the Music folder on my windows C: drive as a NAS drive. But this only partly works, some albums are shown correctly, some are shown multiple times, some don’t show at all, and when I try to play something from my library via my iPhone app I frequently get “Something went wrong. Try again.” Helpful! I’ve checked the consistency of the iTunes library, and it is fine.

I wonder if this is a “feature” of the new app, or if I have configured something incorrectly. Am I a victim of Sonos incompetence, or my own? Would much appreciate the community’s help and advice. Sonos support has been lacking to date.

I have to say, my saviour here has been the iBroadcast service, which I opted for as a library backup, but which now works flawlessly as my primary library. I can’t endorse this service enough.

Many thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@jay we 

There was an app update on Monday that tackles many music library issues. There shouldn’t be too much need for continued workarounds.

Also then go to Settings - Manage - System Updates to check that last week’s system update was implemented. 

I have reinstalled the Sonos app on my Mac and I am still continuing to get Error 913. Sick of this!

Badge

Thanks @Rhonny . Am on latest versions on both iOS and Windows, and that was the main reason for my query. I expected the latest versions to resolve the issues introduced by new app launch, but they remain. So either there’s still a product problem, or I don’t have sufficient knowledge to configure.

Badge

At the risk of answering my own question, it appears this is a known problem - without a resolution timeframe.

So, for the moment I will continue to rely on iBroadcast.

With the new update I got Sonos to recognize my music library, however, when I select the albums listing all the songs on the album are listed instead of just showing the album cover.

how do you get Sonos to recognize iBroadcast as music library?

Badge

iBroadcast is an online cloud service. You have to upload your entire library to their cloud, which is useful as a backup (and free). Then you subscribe to the service as you would subscribe to any Sonos service - also free.   But in addition iBroadcast has its own player apps, and for iOS, for instance, you can airplay directly from their app to Sonos speakers without going near the Sonos app. You can upload curated playlists, the works.  It works for me. The free service is limited in terms of song bps and number of songs, but there is a premium paid service that removes these restrictions.