Skip to main content
Question

S2 (updated) app is totally different on iPhone 14 vs 15

• 16 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Two clients - both using S2, both using Deezer exclusively, both recently updated S2, but one has iPhone 14, one has iPhone 15.  On iPhone 15, client can create Playlists and access playlists made prior to the update..  On iPhone 14, client cannot create playlists nor access playlists made prior to update.  After selecting Deezer from the main page, the next page appears the same on both phones and includes Playlists as an option.  Selecting Playlists takes you to two different pages, depending on the phone.  On the iPhone 14, the next page includes only one option under the heading “My Playlists” which is “Loved Tracks,” and it doesn’t work when you attempt to select it.  There is no access to previously created playlists.  On the iPhone 15, the next page includes a playlist page with options headed by “Create Playlist,” and these options are fully functional.  The iPhone 14 is the first image, the iPhone 15, the second.  I uninstalled the app on the iPhone 14 and then downloaded and installed the app again.  No change.  I confirmed the first six digits of the Build were the same on both phones.  After waiting nearly an hour on hold, I was able to speak with Sonos Support.  The conversation lasted about an hour, at the end of which the agent could not effect any changes and concluded the problem is related somehow to the new update, but he could not give me a solution.  I’ve read a lot of comments from people who believe the app problems are actually client network issues.  I don’t believe that is the case here.  Those functions that work on the iPhone 14’s app, work just fine.  Some additional info:  the modem is an Xfinity (Comcast) Gateway hardwired to an Araknis 16-port network switch to which an EERO device, functioning as a router, is connected.  The router is part of a three-piece mesh network with the other two devices installed near a Port and an Amp.  The last Sonos device, a Port, is hardwired to the Araknis switch.  The wifi signal is plenty strong and reliable enough, and the operation of the Sonos devices is reliable.  The only issue is the app.  

I want to know if anyone else has experienced this and if so, is there a solution?  

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @RollandRahr , thanks for reaching out and sorry about the delayed response.

I had a look over your support case and noticed something when browsing the screenshots which you provided. So the screenshot of the Sonos app for step 1 on both iPhone’s looks as expected, then for Step 2 is where things differ. While I don’t have an iPhone 15 on hand to test, I believe the screenshots for steps 2 and 3 on the iPhone 15 are actually from the Deezer app rather than the Sonos App. For instance the option ‘Download’ shown in the screenshot above has never appeared in the Sonos app to my knowledge. 

Certainly if the user of iPhone 14 is unable to see or play their Deezer playlists in the Sonos app then this should be investigated, as such if the client has not done so already it would be worth removing and the re-adding the Deezer service to their Sonos system (Your Services > Manage menu). Also it would be worth checking if a different controller connected to the same system shows different behaviour when browsing for these Deezer playlists, or checking through the Sonos Web App

I hope these suggestions help, please let me know!

Thank you for the response.  I cannot remember if we uninstalled then reinstalled the Deezer service.  I will give that a try and see what happens. There is only one controller set up and that's on the iPhone 14.