Skip to main content
Answered

S2 Controller on PC stopped connecting to some streaming (not all) services

• 30 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Using the S2 controller on a Windows 11 PC I can connect to Sonos Radio, Amazon Music, Spotify, and TuneIn, but not iHeartRadio, Plex, Pandora, or AccuRadio.  The ones I can’t connect to tell me “Unable to browse music” and attempts to reauthorize tell me to check the network connection.  The controller on another Windows 11 computer and all the mobile devices on the house’s LAN access all these services fine.  It’s just the one PC, which worked until recently.  I reinstalled the controller on the PC, rebooted the router and power cycled all the Sonos devices in the house and checked for software updates all to no success.  I’d welcome any ideas!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Did you also reboot the PC? It sounds rather like a DNS problem. 

Rebooted PC too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try my Windows app (see profile, free for 30 days) and it should show you a more detailed error message, plus if you use the “email for help” right after the failure I should get some more diagnostics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh, also check the date/time on your PC, could be thinking that some of the certificates on the services have expired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bofors85 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are still seeing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

A reboot of your router and then your Sonos system may help, however. Please turn your router off for at least 30 seconds to reboot it.

I hope this helps.

I have the same problem with the Sonos 2 app on 1 of my Windows computers. It routinely throws the same error for ALL of my streaming services, while a little circle spins in the upper-right corner. After re-starting the app, it works for a couple of minutes, and then gets stupid again. I have tried rebooting, re-authorizing the streaming services, and uninstalling and re-installing the app to no avail. Sonos 2 works fine on all the other PC’s, Macs and iPhones in my house. What should I do???

Since all the controllers are reflecting what is happening on the speakers, there’s some sense in what you’re experiencing, the speakers losing connection to the internet to get the data. I’d be looking at the wifi interference FAQ first. 

But if that doesn’t resolve the issue, I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.