Answered

S1 Playlist on New System?

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I had an older S1 Sonos system in my house that I sold last October  (2022) in order to travel the world looking for cool surf spots (a geriatric Endless Summer). Now I am considering purchasing a Roam for my travels, and am wondering if there is any way I will be able to access my old playlists from the S1 home system. I still have my Sonos account and the S1 controller on my phone. 

Any help here will be greatly appreciated, as there were a few playlists I’d love to have back. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 June 2023, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This May all depend ‘where and what’ type of playlists you were using originally with your S1 setup.

The Sonos saved playlists are stored on your speakers. So if you’ve sold them on, they’ve probably been reset and wiped and been setup on another account, so they would likely no longer be available to you.

The in-built music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer etc. each have their own user-created playlists and they maybe in your music service account, that’s if you have maintained the account/subscription and stored them there.

Also local music libraries like those stored/shared from computers, NAS boxes, USB shared drives, may have user created playlists too, so if you held the playlists in your local library, then they may still be there aswell when you link the S2 App back to the same library.

Thanks so much, Ken! These were Sonos saved playlists, so they’re gone forever.