Answered

S1 lost, and then found several devices; however, now there are no services at all.

• 15 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

I have had a lot of trouble with my S1 system dropping speakers. I checked through my network and made some changes. It seems a bit better. All the devices have come back. However, it now sees no services. Spotify for example. sonos.com sees all my devices and says No Subscriptions. Spotify still shows sonos as connected to it. The sonos system seems to become much more fragile….

I can play nothing.

Thanks

Terry

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 January 2023, 10:09

View original

6 replies

support diagnostics 971969930

It’s unfortunately more likely an issue with your network than with Sonos’ software, but there’s not enough information in your post to be definitive. 

All we know is you’re running S1, and Spotify. Things that might help knowing are:

What kind of network are you running?

What router are you running?

What channel frequency is your network on?

Are you running a wired or Wi-Fi system for your Sonos?

What Sonos devices comprise your Sonos system?

What device and OS are you running your S1 controller n?

Which version of the controller are you running?

Have you logged in to your account at www.Sonos.com and checked that your address is correct (at the least, country and post code, street address isn’t important, to my knowledge)?

Have you submitted a diagnostic from your system, and called Sonos support, and if so, what did they say?

Aha, there’s the first part, but sadly, we users in this community don’t have access to that data. Until you call in, you’ll need to wait for a forum moderator to have time to look at that. 

t’s unfortunately more likely an issue with your network than with Sonos’ software, but there’s not enough information in your post to be definitive. 

All we know is you’re running S1, and Spotify. Things that might help knowing are:

What kind of network are you running?

It is a peer to peer ethernet type network with a windows domain, multiple servers, functioning local dns servers, and dhcp servers. I do not have a vlan. Wi-Fi is provided by 4 wifi-6 access points (Unifi) with each hardwired back to the POE switches. The sonos has been there since 2015 and worked smoothly for many years. 

What router are you running? Draytek, to a 24 port switch, to two small semismart netgear 10 port switches that provide POE for the Wi-Fi access points.

What channel frequency is your network on? Different access points use different channels from 1, 6, 11; they share an SSID. They also transmit on 5ghz. There are plenty of other transmitters in the neighborhood; it is crowded, but generally the Unifi reports excellent.

Are you running a wired or Wi-Fi system for your Sonos? Mainly Wi-Fi. All systems, (a connect, and several sonos:1 have made themselves visible on my wife’s S1 app; on my phone I only see the device I reset because it lost the network. Neither APP shows any services right now!

What Sonos devices comprise your Sonos system? 4 sonos:1 and one connect that will only run on S1

What device and OS are you running your S1 controller n? Iphone 11 and 13: IOS 16

Which version of the controller are you running? 11.6.2 Build 57133582

Have you logged in to your account at www.Sonos.com and checked that your address is correct (at the least, country and post code, street address isn’t important, to my knowledge)? It is correct

Have you submitted a diagnostic from your system, and called Sonos support, and if so, what did they say? The diagnostic number is showing on my question - do I need to do more? I have not called sonos support. I posted a question here. 

Thanks for replying! I used bold above in the hope it makes it easier to distinguish my answers from the questions.

There’s a lot to unpack in that network that could be an issue, and I’m not a networking guru by any stretch. 

I’d start by looking at threads that have the term Unifi in them. There’s several, and most of them have various solutions to similar issues in them. It’s entirely possible that a recent update to the Unifi router’s software has made a change that has broken you system, since it was working fine before hand. 

Another comment is that Sonos wants to be on a single subnet, and not on multiples, which is implied by your use of various channels with the same SSID...again, I’m not an expert here. 

Calling Sonos support directly is a much quicker way of getting attention, although some of their CS seem to work from scripts, rather than full understanding. That being said, the times I’ve needed to call in, the assistance was exemplary.

If you wait here, a forum moderator will be along when they have time to stop their forum moderation. They all seem to understand the system fairly well, although your setup is fairly non-standard. 

For what it’s worth, I started typing my original reply before you’d posted the diagnostic number, which was why I posted my second reply. 

As a short cut, I’d be tempted to, at least temporarily, wire a single Sonos device to your system, which should switch it over to SonosNet, rather than the Unifi wifi signal. 

I’ll hope that a Sonos Forum moderator comes by and has time to look at your diagnostic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @terry_ox 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your diagnostic was submitted at a time when the app was not connected to your system, so it contains very little information of use. Could you please recreate the issue, submit a support diagnostic when the system is online in the app, and let me know the number given? Thanks.