s1 app music services not finding any music servers etc

• 15 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi s1 app play 5 gen 1 has sonos radio but then hangs when searching help 

8 replies

I’m not sure I completely understand, but you may want to log in to your account at www.Sonos.com and check that you’ve setup the address properly. Sonos uses that data to filter what it presents to you in the ‘services’ area. 

However, that’s not quite the same thing as ‘searching help’, which may mean some sort of issue with your system reaching out to the outside world and Sonos’ servers. At the least, temporarily wire your PLAY:5 to your router with a Ethernet cable.

If you continue to have issues, more specifics would be very helpful.

Ok thanks I'll try eternity cable but basically when younclicknon add a service it goes to Add Music Services and fins nothing but has the circle of death. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Not using an iPhone with MS Defender on it are you?

No it's android and I tried my wife's iPhone and that didn't work looks like I need to ring then 

It's on ethernet cable into an extender that hasn't changed anything either might trybitndirct into modem see if that works 

It hasn't made any difference using rthernet cable. S2 app works fine with all amazon music etc it's just s1 app that is awful and I only have sonos radio to listen to on it aaargh 

Got exactly the same, Forever spinning circle after clicking “Add Service” and no matter what device I use (iPhone 12, iPhone 14, iPad) - it never stops spinning on any of them on the S1 App, (Works with S2 on the other speakers!)

See my post here: