Answered

S1 Android App crashes every time I search in "stations"

• 28 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

SONOS! FIX THE PROBLEM.!  IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! YOU HAVE TAKEN "0" STEPS TO HELP YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ONE MORE TIME THAT ENGINEERING IS LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Note to group: 

Older versions of the S1 Controller can be found here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/

I installed a version from August and search works … 

I've stayed on S1 to avoid all the continuous updates, seems they couldn't even leave that alone.

Will try and roll ours back.

Userlevel 1

Just hit this problem on a new install on a new android phone, and then found this thread. I need to stay on S1 as I only have S1 devices. As suggested why don't you rollback. I use radio daily. Seriously considering ditching Sonos altogether.

Same issue here. I recommended Sonos to a dozen friends who bought the system years ago. I was very happy with the product, but only issues recently,  SO TIRED OF iT!!! I am very disappointed,  how to break something that used to work perfectly ??!?!?!

Can you give us an update on the fix? Same here considering a switch even if will be costly...

Same issue here.  I can’t believe this has been allowed to fester for over two months without any fix, or even meaningful updates.  It does feel like legacy users have been thrown thoroughly abandoned. 

Okay so it seems like this app problem isn't going to be solved for the Sonos one speakers?

Still can't search or view podcasts in the app- only songs and artists. 

I use my Sonos almost exclusively to listen to podcasts.. it's already annoying enough I have to go through the app to stream the content I'm looking but if I can't even do that.. I'd rather just get a new speaker that uses Bluetooth..

Sonos will the app issue be solved before the new year?

Your company has been made aware of the issue for several months- and its a fairly massive issue considering your product depends on the app to functioning properly... 

Reports are that it was fixed in last week’s software update. If you’re still having that issue after updating your system, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing a crash, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I posted earlier about this being broken and am happy to report and confirm it is now fixed for me in a recent update a bit over 1 month ago, as @Airgetlam says. Thank you Sonos!

FYI: I have Sonos S1 on Android 10 (11.2.4) and my last update was 2nd December.