Skip to main content
Answered

revert to previous app

Hi, new sonos app was just installed on my android. It is a mess, half of the services won't work, can't find the other half. Design is chaotic. Had my favourite radio stations on top, now they are mixed and hidden somewhere. 

How do i revert to the old version?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

I have a stereo pair of play 5 speakers in my living room 

One of them suddenly stopped working

Went through all the processes on the app and it ended up telling me to factory reset the speaker

Now it won't find it to add it back in

Reverted to the old app and it can see my speaker fine

But won't add it unless I update the app

Do that and it can't find it again

Sonos has messed up big here

I have deleted the Sonos App (updated version) and re-installed the previous version from APKMirror successfully. However, despite disabling auto updates on both Google Play and the App itself, everyday it forces through the update. Does anyone know how this can be resolved ? The failure on the part of Sonos to acknowledge the lack of functionality with the new App and to provide solutions such as the option to revert to the previous version is a disgrace. The S1 Controller for my older system provides a far better user experience with greater functionality than the latest S2 system which is now redundant until Sonos sort out their mess. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

this new app is dreadful.

ive invested in sonos all over my home . i use music to chill out this new app has put me off using my system.

how can i revert to the old app please ?

should i down grade to the s1 app  ?

Same here, i have Sonos speakers all over the house and being able to listen to my music wherever i was, to control the speakers, from anywhere, with the app on my phone was wonderful.  BUT, since i cannot now access my music library there is dead electronics all over the house.  All that money invested and now i'm here, in a deadly quiet house, for weeks now.  I really can't fathom how a company selling audio hardware could force an update on customers that is going to deny them access to their music.  

Luckily I have kept the old S2 app on my macbook and can control my 2 Sonos Play:3 speaker without any problem or lag. But on my iPhone, I made the mistake to install the new app. Now it is not responding to volume change requests, when I start a new or existing playlist or song, it starts and stops again immediately. I have to touch the play button at least 5+ times before the gesture sticks and triggers the song to start playing. When I try to turn off (or stop) a song it takes more than a minute for the app to send the signal to my Sonos. This is complete useless, I have reinstalled my Sonos setup and everything, no solution.

And, no this is not my network. As I said my macbook, with the old app responds perfectly.
Anyone know how I can roll-back to the previous Sonos app on my iPhone? It’s driving me nuts. Made me think of switching to another brand for future music setup.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

this new app is dreadful.

ive invested in sonos all over my home . i use music to chill out this new app has put me off using my system.

how can i revert to the old app please ?

should i down grade to the s1 app  ?

There is currently no way to downgrade firmware on devices to S1, and no date has been provided about when this functionality will be available.

Userlevel 3

The new app is a total disaster. 
and costumer service is the worst. 
I called Sonos 5 times, waiting more than 2 hours. 

Userlevel 2

I got the previous version on apkmirror.com and installed it. Disabled auto update in app store and sonos app. Now everything is good again.

But I'm thinking about selling my Sonos stuff. I don't want to depend from a bunch of incompetent people when listening to music

Is there away to revert to the previous version of the desktop controller as well? I made the crucial mistake of updating that and now even the mirrored app won't work.  This is freaking disaster.  I'd sell my system too but doubt I'd get much for 10 bricks