Skip to main content
Answered

revert to previous app

Hi, new sonos app was just installed on my android. It is a mess, half of the services won't work, can't find the other half. Design is chaotic. Had my favourite radio stations on top, now they are mixed and hidden somewhere. 

How do i revert to the old version?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Online meeting questions from the new app 

I got the previous version on apkmirror.com and installed it. Disabled auto update in app store and sonos app. Now everything is good again.

But I'm thinking about selling my Sonos stuff. I don't want to depend from a bunch of incompetent people when listening to music

How exactly can that be done? I’m bereft of the previous version. What have they done?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Go here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/sonos-16-1-android-apk-download/

No warranty from my side wrt authenticity,  viruses etc.

It worked with my Galaxy S23

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I got the previous version on apkmirror.com and installed it. Disabled auto update in app store and sonos app. Now everything is good again.

But I'm thinking about selling my Sonos stuff. I don't want to depend from a bunch of incompetent people when listening to music

How exactly can that be done? I’m bereft of the previous version. What have they done?!

Go here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/sonos-16-1-android-apk-download/

No warranty from my side wrt authenticity, viruses etc.

It worked with my Galaxy S23

Userlevel 1

Disaster of a update. Cannot believe Sonos would tarnish their reputation with this crap

Userlevel 4
Badge

If this app is not rebuilt or reberted back to S2, then after using Sonos for over ten years I will move to Bluesound streamers on all devices.

I will give Sonos one week to make amends.

Hi, new sonos app was just installed on my android. It is a mess, half of the services won't work, can't find the other half. Design is chaotic. Had my favourite radio stations on top, now they are mixed and hidden somewhere. 

How do i revert to the old version?

The ios version also sucks. Can’t find a way to revert to v16.0. No itunes favorites? Search is super slow. 

Userlevel 1

New app is a disaster. If the old app cannot be re instated or this new one fixed ASAP then I think a class action law suit should be considered.

Userlevel 2

Sonos hates you

How is this not a class action suit? 

Userlevel 2

It's obvious that Sonos has completely botched this release. If I'm the CEO I'm looking for someone to fire. Question now is will Sonos admit they've screwed this up and revert to the previous app, which worked great as far as I'm concerned.

I want to have the old app back and all of the music I have painstakingly saved into this app. It’s all the app is used for in our home. Please help. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks audiophone, I did this and it worked however, even though I configured Sonos not to update the useless version was back on again in the morning. Trick is to manually install the old (working) version again, then find the pending update in Google play and uncheck "enable auto-update" in the three dots (top left hand corner).

So glad I don't have an iPhone right now 🤣

What the hell have Sonos done, this new app has completely ruined my experience in Sonos.

sort it out quick or loyal customers will go.

tell that to the shareholders.

Userlevel 2

What the hell have Sonos done, this new app has completely ruined my experience in Sonos.

sort it out quick or loyal customers will go.

tell that to the shareholders.

Yes, but I have special playlists I used to play to my kids when I put them to bed. I like to remind them of stuff like that now and then. My 40th playlist gone too. I invested in time and energy to create something that was taken from me without notice. It’s fine for us to punish them by going elsewhere. I just want my investment in the products I purchased to be restored. I want the playlists I made back please. 

What a horrible update this is, so slow to respond to anything, tried to set a different volume and nothing at all, all album artwork is missing, can rarely see what's in the queue and when you do eventually see it, then it doesn't even drop down to the track that's actually playing, you have to scroll down and find the track, there are no artists listed in the queue only track names and again no artwork.

What a pile of rubbish, Sonos you ought to be ashamed of yourselves for this pile of garbage, if you knew it had bugs and glitches then why the hell did you release it????

How can I use my Sonos speaker as an alarm clock now when they have removed the alarm clock function in the new app. Can you somehow connect the speakers to an other app? This is messing up my life, I don’t wake up with only my phone as an alarm clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix this now!!!!!!!

Badge

Many thanks, Audiophone. Seeing the new “improved” app was a real shock. Rollback is a great relief.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

How can I use my Sonos speaker as an alarm clock now when they have removed the alarm clock function in the new app. Can you somehow connect the speakers to an other app? This is messing up my life, I don’t wake up with only my phone as an alarm clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix this now!!!!!!!

Now you can only do with the windows or Mac app S2

Dear Sonos: you launched a buggy update (with much fanfare) without key features working - thereby annoying me and thousands of like-minded customers.  Are you kidding me? C’mon, you’re better than this.  Someone should be fired NOW.

(iOS) Anyone else having trouble with the repeat track function?  How bout clearing the queue?  

Userlevel 1

What a disaster of an update. Can’t set alarms on my phone now, have to go to my laptop instead. But even if I change the alarms, the app on my iPhone keeps giving a notification that the alarm went off, at the old setting! What a piece of crap. 

Sonos, this is hugely disappointing. I’m locked in, but I will not recommend Sonos to anyone going forward.

Userlevel 1

I confirm that for Android users, S2 version of the app is available. You need to uninstall Sonos application first, then download the right apk and explicitely install it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/#downloads

Don’t forget to disable the automatic update in Sonos S2 System Parameters

Userlevel 2

I confirm that for Android users, S2 version of the app is available. You need to uninstall Sonos application first, then download the right apk and explicitely install it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/#downloads

Don’t forget to disable the automatic update in Sonos S2 System Parameters

And auto updates in Google play (as I found out the hard way)

Userlevel 4
Badge

This will crash Sonos stock.  Wait for it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here.
It just seems to get worse and worse lately.

Constant issues with connecting to my (hard wired) speaker, and now they go and screw up the app!

No more alarms, no timer function. Cant even set the alarm on the web version, although they say we can.

Its an absolute shambles and I am going to list my systems on marketplace as soon as I suss an alternative. 
And I haven’t seen any apology from Sonos. Just promo messages saying they have a new improved app!?! What a terrible operation!

I did the same, reinstalled old version.  Ahhhhhhhhh!   So good!   Sonos just let us have that version, and support it!  What the hell are you doing??????

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don’t go out this way Sonos. 

not like this.