Answered

Repeatedly lost itunes music library

• 2 March 2024
  • 2 replies

• Contributor II
  • 5 replies

I have seen similar questions but still no satisfactory answer;  My setup is quite simple -

Macbook Air M1 2020 running OS 14.1.1

Sonos Play:3 and Play:1

All Music on a single iTunes library //MacBook-Air-???/Music

Often when I go to play I receive a message “//MacBook…  is no longer available.  The device 

At first I thought this happened if the machine went into sleep mode when Sonos was playing but it just seems to happened regularly and randomly.  Often if I want to update the library.

The problem started only after upgrading to the MacBook Air.  Never used to happen on my old machines.

The only solution each time is to delete the library path and re-add the library.

Can someone please help.  Driving me mad

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 March 2024, 19:41

View original

2 replies

It suggests that the speakers are having difficulty maintains a connection to the MacBook. Not sure whether that is on the speaker side, or the Mac side, but at the least, I would refresh the network by unplugging the Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router and the Mac. Finally, plug back in the Sonos devices. See if that makes a difference…

If not, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks.  Let me try the total network reboot and see what happens.  Appreciate the reply.