Answered

Removing old Sonos products from account?

• 21 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Apologies if this is a no brainer, but recently I updated a legacy Sonos system which contained a number of ZP80s, 100, Play 5 and Play Ones…This original system was controlled through the S1 App.

I took the plunge and purchased a couple of new Sonos Amps, and plan to extend that to a Beam/Arc/surround sound ec and other S2 only devices..  So I set up a system on S2… 2 Amps and updated the 2 play ones..  All good…. I then wanted to keep my Play 5 - so created a new S1 system for that in another room on its own..same network etc..… all good…

So..  S2 is a bit tempermental at connecting to the new Amps and Play 1 and often I have to search for my system..  Sonos comes up with 3 systems..  The new S2 system, the S1 Play 5 and then a third system with the remainder of devices that are now in a box in the loft and not required.. 

Question - How do I remove these legacy products from my account so I just have 2 systems.?.. 

Supplementary - Why is S2 so flakey at connecting to the new system when S1 was always immediately available when you accessed the app?.. The biggest difference is that the S1 system was connected to the router via ethernet to a ZP80 and now the S2 app is totally wireless… is that the reason?

Apologies for the ramble.. just wanted to put things in context.!.

Paul

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 22 January 2024, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @PJD61, welcome back!

Have a look at this thread might answer your main question:

If you want to forget the entire system since you are not using it anymore, please follow our Support Article Forget a system from the Sonos app.

The performance of the Sonos App is relevant to the network connection and quality, a quick check with Improving the WiFi connection could sort you out.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks @Sotiris C...   I have progressed the connectivity issue a bit thanks..  .

I will look at removing the old components…. I am using the upgrade discounts against individual units - if I remove the devices, will I lose the option for the discount as I slowly replace all the components…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @PJD61, thank you for the swift update and I’m glad you had progress with the connectivity issues.

As long as you’ve got the older components registered to your Sonos Account, you can still use the upgrade discount.

Removing them from your system is not equivalent to removing them from your Sonos Account. That happens when you Factory Reset the units and then set them up on a different Sonos Account.

The discount then becomes available on that new Sonos Account.

Badge

Perfect…. Thanks