Skip to main content
Question

Reconnecting Devices to System

• 27 May 2024
  • 4 replies

So…today I have been on 2 Live Chats. First one they just stopped responding ding, 2nd one just said you will have to call I can’t help.

I then called and was informed of a 55m wait time, I carried on at a wait time of 1hr and 28m the line went dead. I have 3 devices I am trying to reconnect to the ‘system’. I have factory reset them all about 3 times, I have reset the app the same amount of times. I ah e used an Ethernet cable too. I get to the point of successfully following the prompt instructions and connecting but they are not visible in the app, not one single device. I am am so utterly confused and angry in equal measure. How can a UI be so terrible, how can customer service be so awful. Of anyone has any suggestions on how I can get these 3 devices in a system group on my app I would be grateful. I cannot hold for yet another 87m to be hung up on again and the Live Chat route has not been exhausted. Thanks 🙏 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have 4 Sonos devices in 3 rooms. I too tried to chat and call Sonos and was told a 50 minute wait … ya right. So I planned on disconnecting/reconnecting all units from my network - this proved problematic with the new app, but disconnected all devices from my network eventually. When I tried to reconnect the units - nada. New app couldn’t locate a single device. So I ended up removing Sonos app from my iPhone and iPad, then downloading app again to just my iPhone, and then factory reset each device back into the system, then true play my rooms and reconfigure with TVs and Apple TV. System is working again - I think - but my morning shot on this exercise. Not sure what the gain is with the new app, but imagine it is hell down at headquarters and reminds of the Coke/New Coke debacle. Sonos quality image has taken a hit. Will pass on the big bucks headphones, lol.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

If had only 3 devices, I think I’d try Bluesound and hawk the Sonos gear on one of those “buyback” sites. I wish I was only 3 deep.

I’ve also had a horrific experience with the new app. Fundamental things that a reasonable QA process would address seem to have been totally ignored.  Like other long-term customers here, I am disappointed and hope for quick fixes to this set of issues.  I just invested in multiple new sonos amps with architectural speakers as part of  a home renovation, and I am very concerned at this point about this quality breach. 

I was stuck in an endless loop and of trying to add Sonos devices, all factory reset, to a new router/WiFi, using ethernet, nothing worked. What finally worked (and no thanks to Sonos and their stupid counterintuitive error messaging) was to unplug all devices from the wall socket.  Turn off the router for minute or so, turn back on--let it come back to life by checking on a connected device (i.e. iPhone).  Reconnect all speakers to the wall sockets, then Factory reset each device, waited a few minutes, and finally the app can see the speakers.