Answered

Recent Centos 8 Samba update broke NAS connection for Play5 Gen 1 but Play1 & Playbar still work

• 12 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

A bit weird one,

Samba 4.15.5-5.el8 came out last month for my NAS boxen hosting iTunes library for Sonos S1.
Automated patching kicked in and now my Play 5 Gen 1 cannot connect to NAS anymore. Strangely Play 1 and Playbar continue to work just fine.

Error I get is “Unable to play ‘X’ - access to //1.2.3.4/Share denied.”

Reset/reboots of Play 5 have no affect. Downgrading server side to previous samba-4.15.3-0.el8.x86_64 version immediately fixes Play 5 problems. Same server side configuration used.

Relevant smb.conf snippet:
# sonos kludgery
        ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted
        server min protocol = NT1

Adding “client signing = disabled does not help”. Running samba in debuglevel=3 offers no clues that I could spot.

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 13 April 2022, 20:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe try under [global]

ntlm auth=yes

Badge

Thanks @Stanley_4

Sadly it did not help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try the connection and when it fails submit a Sonos diagnostic.

Contact Sonos support with the Diagnostic ID number, phone is best but here may work too.

Worst case you can add a NAS to SMB v1 gateway that will let your NAS remain secure while providing your Sonos access via SMB v1.

SMB v1 Gateway  https://stan-miller.livejournal.com/357.html