Answered

Recent BBC Shows are no longer available - any idea why?

• 29 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Until recently I have been able to playback recent BBC shows but this now seems no longer possible unless I airplay onto new Sonos kit.  Until recently it was feasible to search for the show and pick the recent episodes.  Any idea why and is there a workaround?

icon

Best answer by Empy 1 January 2021, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What “BBC shows” are you talking about?

Badge +1

Sorry I wasn’t very clear. I’m referring to radio shows eg BBC Radio 6 shows like Radcliffe and Maconie would be an example. I have tried it with a few BBC radio 6 shows but no luck.  I can go to the BBC sounds app and airplay them to a beam but not to any of my legacy sonos kit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Probably related to https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/recent-changes-to-bbc-sounds/tunein-changes but hard for @GuitarSuperstar or I to investigate as the OP is probably located in the UK, and we are not.

In the US I can find these:

Badge +1

Thanks - I get the same. But f I then click on the show there are no episodes available even though they did happen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks - I get the same. But f I then click on the show there are no episodes available even though they did happen 

You’d have to ask the BBC that I guess.

Userlevel 1

It’s actually a different change that the BBC have made that has broken this. I posted some details over in this other thread: