Skip to main content
Answered

random muting on my system

My entire system mutes randomly and without touching any buttons, The voice Assistance not activated and that's not what appears to be causing it. Are there any solutions? I have updated my system. 

This is becoming a daily pain!

Ray and Era 300 both in “green mute” this morning.

Then watching TV and Ray mutes again.

I’m not new to Sonos, but new to this forum. Is there anyone from the manufacturer on here, to make comment on this fiasco….. just saying😡

It happens too me also, several times per day. Using play 5 also as alarm in the morning. Wakeing up in the night because of the green light. pls fix it...

Diagnostic submitted for same issue.

Have 8 Speakers which worked 5 years fine. After new system/app update unfortunately a horror experience. Very laggy, always plays but muted. Feels like network issues (maybe because of the lossless files which are bigger files?) how I can turn lossless of? Didn’t find any switch in the app. 
Absolute frustration. 
Ready to send diagnostic files or have a chat with support. 

Have 8 Speakers which worked 5 years fine. After new system/app update unfortunately a horror experience. Very laggy, always plays but muted. Feels like network issues (maybe because of the lossless files which are bigger files?) how I can turn lossless of? Didn’t find any switch in the app. 
Absolute frustration. 

Unfortunately, it probably has nothing to do with your network, or lossless files. It’s been working perfectly fine (like it had for me) for years, until the new disastrous release of their new “courageous” app. It definitely took “courage” to release something so hobbled back in May that removed all popular features that their customer base has become so accustomed to.

Good luck… support can be an hours-long ordeal, ultimately just telling you to reboot your mobile devices, router, speakers, etc. and then admitting that it’s a known issue and that it’s probably being worked on for a possibly July+ release.

This forum is just full of similar experiences… take a stroll through, and watch your blood pressure increase. ;)

You and 100’s & 1000’s of other customers on Monday morning.

It will not be something they can correct over the phone, the O/S needs a rework!

Why with this amount of issues, why Sonos can not do a “go back” for both the O/S and the App astounds me🤑

Just an update on my issues… I’ve had no green lights anywhere since last night. The system has been on the whole day (around 11 hours constant) playing Spotify and the apps have been open at the same time.

There’s been a couple of speakers that have randomly muted, but the green light never came on with any of them and the volume returned on it’s own after around 30 seconds each time it happened… a lot better than yesterday and the day before.

Same issue here every morning I come down to green lights on my speakers.

Diagnostic report submitted.

Same here all my play 1s either through the new awful app or Spotify just random mute and cannot work in multi room with the new 100 or 300

Sonos sort it out

Same issue with me. I noticed it 2 days ago that my Port was muted because it sits in front of my TV so the green light was suddenly on and very bright. I unmuted it and forgot about it until today when I woke up and saw it on, and then noticed every single part of my system is muted (multiple speakers, subs, an arc, etc)

@Sonos any update on the bug fix? This is a super annoying problem likely affecting your entire customer base. 

Hello everyone,

Some (apparently very clever) person suggested earlier on this discussion stream to toggle with the TV Autoplay button.

In desperation after trying EVERYTHING, I checked the TV Autoplay button of my BEAM soundbar, which was ON. That is strange because I do not use my BEAM with my TV, only for music. So I turned it OFF.

Anyway, ever since I did that yesterday, I have not had a muting issue. Why? Don’t ask me why.

It may be a bit early to say for sure but I suggest you try it, if one of your components is designed to work with a TV. I hope I have not spoken too soon though…

Unfortunately, I cannot find the earlier message to thank this contributor for his/her suggestion.

Still… I suspect that might cause some further issues for those people who actually use BEAM with their TV! After all, it’s been designed for that purpose, hasn’t it?

Try it perhaps. Hope it works for you. Good luck everyone.

Happening to me too, overnight reach night, for the last few days. Used as ambient noise machine in kids bedroom. Can't wait for this to be fixed; our whole household wakes after this happens!!!!

I am experiencing random muting on my system too. Also when this happens I open app and it first says no products found.  I spoke with the chat help on Saturday and submitted diagnostics. Was made to mess about with wifi, delete and reinstall app and after 2 hours in chat I was  told to submit another diagnostic and contact chat help. I was given case number 06448670. Well I have now submitted diagnostic just now and although it says 24 hour help, apparently today nobody is available to chat. Is that to me or anyone. I have to go to work so I cannot get time to try and fix this. Seems the sonos system is now out of use for me as a working tool. I use my Roam as an alarm for work but the alarm cannot be heard as the speaker is muted. The guy I spoke with thought it was a strange problem. I now suspect they know its the app and I was fobbed off. Its a Joke. The whole app is now very erratic. Sometimes products are there. It says nothing is playing when it is. It stops you adjusting volume. Wish I never updated this app.Fix the system. I also have a 3, two ones a play 5, a sub and playbar.

This is becoming a daily pain!

Ray and Era 300 both in “green mute” this morning.

Then watching TV and Ray mutes again.

I’m not new to Sonos, but new to this forum. Is there anyone from the manufacturer on here, to make comment on this fiasco….. just saying😡

Absolute mess. They have broke their own system.

My entire system mutes randomly and without touching any buttons, The voice Assistance not activated and that's not what appears to be causing it. Are there any solutions? I have updated my system. 

I was told by a sonos agent during a  help session of 2 hours that this was an issue with my system only. After reading Sonos reply to you it seems they knew they had issue!

Absolute frustration. 

Unfortunately, it probably has nothing to do with your network, or lossless files. It’s been working perfectly fine (like it had for me) for years, until the new disastrous release of their new “courageous” app. It definitely took “courage” to release something so hobbled back in May that removed all popular features that their customer base has become so accustomed to.

Good luck… support can be an hours-long ordeal, ultimately just telling you to reboot your mobile devices, router, speakers, etc. and then admitting that it’s a known issue and that it’s probably being worked on for a possibly July+ release.

This forum is just full of similar experiences… take a stroll through, and watch your blood pressure increase. ;)

Yes I had the hours long ordeal with rebooting and reinstalling etc. An absolute mess

This has been happening to me as well.

Same issue here happening daily. Arc has gone silent twice tonight, diagnostics sent 1031768127. Also have a Beam where the led goes green sometime during the night.

Arc (TV connected)

Beam  + gen1 sub (the big'un)

Play:1

Play:3

Roam gen1

All muting together. Not just over night. This has happened during the day too. Since the big change to the app, nothing but issue's. From finding speakers to volume not changing or randomly lowering. 

My Boost might as well not be here. Hasn't seen connection/use for month's. 

Everything went sideways when the assistant and Google feud kicked off. I honestly don't know why I haven't ditched them. The 300's where a benefit of the doubt. And I was considering the Amp or connect for my Project1. 

Same issue here happening daily. Arc has gone silent twice tonight, diagnostics sent 1031768127. Also have a Beam where the led goes green sometime during the night.

Mine has just happened again.

Mine has just happened 

My roam and 3 did it again tonight. This is not the way it should go for people who have spent thousands on a product.

I started having this problem too recently. Have there been any solutions yet? I use my system with my TV setup. 

Same issue, green lights all over the house, lagging start to all music, volume changes and track skipping (and that is when my system is actually picked up by the app).

Same issue, green lights all over the house, lagging start to all music, volume changes and track skipping (and that is when my system is actually picked up by the app).

Sounds familiar to me. I struggle with my app seeing products and the track skipping and muting. How can an app update go so wrong.