Answered

Random audio drop outs

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos One SL connected to my Apple MacBook Pro via AirPlay. When I play audio from Pandora, Youtube, or Sirius the audio drops out for 1-2 seconds every 2-10 minutes. 

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 March 2024, 09:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mattkuenzel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That sure sounds pretty annoying, but we should be able to get things working better for you.

First, I recommend that you do not initiate AirPlay from your MacBook’s system settings - that invokes AirPlay v1 which does not have buffering. Instead, please initiate AirPlay from within the app on your MacBook that you want to use, as this will start an AirPlay v2 connection, which we actually support. AirPlay v2 has buffering, which should improve your playback situation.

Please also ensure that neither your MacBook or your One SL are within 1m (3 feet) of any other WiFi/radio powered devices (especially the router or Access Point), and that each has a good connection to the router (see our Improve your Sonos product’s WiFi connection help page).

Additionally, if you were to start Pandora or Sirius playback from within the Sonos app instead of using AirPlay, you will be relying upon fewer WiFi connections, which may also improve matters for you.

I hope this helps.