Answered

RadioPlayer still not available…?

• 20 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I still can’t see RadioPlayer available on Sonos yet it says the issue is resolved?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 21 August 2023, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @CDJsy, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There isn’t any outage for Radioplayer that I can see and nothing was raised recently regarding this service having any issues.

Radioplayer isn’t available everywhere however, so it’s possible your Sonos system isn’t set to the correct region which would explain why it’s not showing up for you. Checking your profile, Radioplayer is available in your region, so I’d suggest you check your profile on Sonos.com and make sure it’s set to the correct region.

If it isn’t and you changed the region, give your system a few hours to update (or reboot your Sonos system if you don’t want to wait) and you’ll be able to add Radioplayer.

If your region is already set correctly or the above doesn’t resolve the issue, then I’d suggest getting in touch with our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Nope still can’t see it…… does need to be this difficult?

Probably not, no. What did Sonos support say when you called them?

Hello. I have been patiently waiting for radio player to become a tive again.

It stopped working meaning the app it downloads fine but I can not search or see any channels in the app within Sonos. 

I lost it almost a year ago when sonos made me do a system update. 
At that time I was on the phone with Sonos for almost 4 hours and finally got to the level 2 department of support.  They assured me that they would get back to me with a answer on why this happened  but nothing  I have been living without it since then.  

But here is the interesting part. 

I have two other locations locally I own that has a Sonos system and they have not been updated on the app. My favourites in Radioplayer are still there, I can search and play music normally. 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AS THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED. 

I’m running latest version of the Sonos App (v15.8.1) and Radioplayer is working okay here. See attached. Have you checked your country settings in your Sonos online profile? Or maybe even go onto try a different DNS and see if that sorts things for you. 

I don’t think I would have waited quite so long, before getting back in touch with Sonos Support. 🤷‍♂️