Answered

RadioApp suddenly stopped working

• 19 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

Has anyone had issues with RadioApp suddenly stop working?

It was functioning yesterday perfectly fine but my PlayBar stopped and dropped out of connection so I restarted and reconnected but now I cant access RadioApp and get the dreaded “Unable to browse music”

I can use every other app for music I have tried so far, just the RadioApp one…

Any suggestions? Is this a case for resetting everything and starting again?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 May 2023, 09:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing RadioApp as a music service in the Sonos app and re-adding it. If that doesn’t work, try deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app and reboot your phone.

Yes I’ve also had this problem all morning.  Was working last night.  Reset app/Sonos system/wifi/uninstall-reinstall RadioApp have all failed to work. RadioApp is the pits - worst app on Sonos - so unreliable. Have to use it to be able to listen to commercial radio in Perth.  Bring back TuneInn!  Anyone else hate those annoying ads we get when we first log on?

Try removing RadioApp as a music service in the Sonos app and re-adding it. If that doesn’t work, try deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app and reboot your phone.

I must have tried that a dozen times, with 3 different devices… nothing! Still unable to use it

Yes I’ve also had this problem all morning.  Was working last night.  Reset app/Sonos system/wifi/uninstall-reinstall RadioApp have all failed to work. RadioApp is the pits - worst app on Sonos - so unreliable. Have to use it to be able to listen to commercial radio in Perth.  Bring back TuneInn!  Anyone else hate those annoying ads we get when we first log on?

Its a pain once you are used to DAB+ radio then trying to find a “work around” so you can stream or listen on any/every device

At this stage unsure if its a RadioApp thing or my connection but if others are experiencing it, it points to a RadioApp/Sonos issue possibly?

At this stage unsure if its a RadioApp thing or my connection but if others are experiencing it, it points to a RadioApp/Sonos issue possibly?

There is an outage for RadioApp currently shown here on the Sonos Services Status Page - so just keep your eye on that page for any update:

https://status.sonos.com

There is an outage for RadioApp currently shown here on the Sonos Services Status Page - so just keep your eye on that page for any update:

https://status.sonos.com

Thanks Ken. I spoke to the Sonos help people and they were unaware of any outage earlier in the day but also contacted RadioApp and they told me that there had been an outage and should be functioning again.

So glad this community is across the happenings to help newbies (and older heads) out!