Answered

Radio Truman Show

• 20 December 2022
  • 7 replies

WBUR donation plea plays every time I begin listening via Tune In. Recent development is unrelated to usual station fundraising. Like clockwork- same line every time. What can I do differently? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 20 December 2022, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Nothing.  Outside of Sonos Radio, Sonos doesn’t control what content gets played.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

TuneIn needs to be paid. This is how they earn their keep.

So does WBUR ;)

WBUR donation plea plays every time I begin listening via Tune In. Recent development is unrelated to usual station fundraising. Like clockwork- same line every time. What can I do differently? 

Nothing.  Outside of Sonos Radio, Sonos doesn’t control what content gets played.  You’re right. Same opener when I stream the station elsewhere. The only exception is regular old radio. It must be a WBUR streaming initiative. 

Thanks. My reply was (inadvertently) placed at the end of your comment.

TuneIn needs to be paid. This is how they earn their keep.

How does this help TuneIn? 

Nothing.  Outside of Sonos Radio, Sonos doesn’t control what content gets played.  

You’re right. Same opener when I stream the station elsewhere. The only exception is regular old radio. It must be a WBUR streaming initiative.