Answered

Radio stations removed from streaming services

• 27 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I use MyTuner, RadioPlayer and TuneIn to stream radio stations. Stations often remove themselves from some or all of these services. After many Google searches I cannot find anyone else who does what these 3 do. Is there a way of finding other radio station streaming services such as these?

icon

Best answer by pauljames 27 May 2023, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Contact the stations directly, and ask them what service they’ve moved their stream to?

One of the ones I use, at least for MLB, is the iHeart Radio plugin, which carries a bunch of radio stations here in the US, but I’ve not looked in the ‘services’ area of the controller recently to see what else is out there. 

In addition to the services mentioned, you could perhaps just add your own chosen streaming radio stations to play to Sonos devices via the App. See this Sonos Support link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-an-internet-radio-station-to-sonos

Badge

Contact the stations directly, and ask them what service they’ve moved their stream to?

One of the ones I use, at least for MLB, is the iHeart Radio plugin, which carries a bunch of radio stations here in the US, but I’ve not looked in the ‘services’ area of the controller recently to see what else is out there. 

Ive emailed them, Thanks for the advice

Badge

In addition to the services mentioned, you could perhaps just add your own chosen streaming radio stations to play to Sonos devices via the App. See this Sonos Support link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-an-internet-radio-station-to-sonos

Hi Ken. Thanks for the link. It works!  It connects through TuneIn even though TuneIn says the channel is not available when serching for it. I don’t understand this but it works.