Radio Stations not working properly

• 9 November 2020
  • 9 replies

We can’t seem to hear any radio stations via the Sonos app. 

We used to listen to the various European radio stations - but now there’s nothing.

Any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You may want to monitor this page, as there are some outages at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You are in the UK, so you are not allowed to listen to foreign stations on TuneIn any more.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tune-in-blocking-foreign-radio-stations-in-the-uk-master-thread-6848128

We have also had this issue.  We managed to receive our relevant stations via radio.net but that has now stopped working as well.  We have three sonos speakers which are all unable to work as before.  I agree with a comment by someone else on this stream - why does the sonos radio not work.  I would not recommend Sonos to anyone - total waste of money.

We have also had this issue.  We managed to receive our relevant stations via radio.net but that has now stopped working as well.  We have three sonos speakers which are all unable to work as before.  I agree with a comment by someone else on this stream - why does the sonos radio not work.  I would not recommend Sonos to anyone - total waste of money.

Sonos Radio uses TuneIn.  This is all the result of a legal decision that did not involve Sonos.  They cannot legally provide an index service for unlicensed radio stations in the UK  And you blame Sonos? .

I have set up manual stations for the French and Italian stations I listen to.  Sonos works fine.

i am fully aware off the legal situation but radio.net was working for a while and that has also stopped.  Are all of these controlled by the same legal entities?  I wonder how you will feel when this happens to you?  what is mind-numbingly stupid is selling a product that is not fit for purpose.

i am fully aware off the legal situation but radio.net was working for a while and that has also stopped.  Are all of these controlled by the same legal entities?  I wonder how you will feel when this happens to you?  what is mind-numbingly stupid is selling a product that is not fit for purpose.

Obviously other providers are going to stop, not just TuneIn.  They aren’t going to wait for the same writ to come through the door.  (Or maybe radio.net has already received one.)

You wonder how I will feel when it happens to me?  It has happened to me!  What are you talking about?

I think I shall leave this debate now.  Your posts make so little sense i suspect trolling.

No problem - I have sorted out the problem with my radio tuner.  I thought people were supposed to help on here, not be rude.  Obviously, my mistake

I think I have a pretty good record of providing help to people who come on here seeking and needing help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No problem - I have sorted out the problem with my radio tuner.  I thought people were supposed to help on here, not be rude.  Obviously, my mistake

3 replies vs 14432 for @John B :rolling_eyes:   I’m still trying to see where anyone was rude apart from you accusing Sonos for a problem outside of their control.  It’s like complaining to Sony after buying a TV and Netflix dropping a film!  Still, I’m glad you resolved your issue. :)