Radio Stations no longer available or playing

• 13 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Seems like since I’ve upgraded to the s2 app controller my radio stations are no longer playing get meaaseage of not available or codec is incorrect. Any one have suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kman965, welcome to the Sonos Community! 

Thanks for bringing this up and I’ll be happy to help with your concern. 

May I know what is the music service you’re using? Maybe this thread would be helpful. 

Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @kman965, welcome to the Sonos Community! 

Thanks for bringing this up and I’ll be happy to help with your concern. 

May I know what is the music service you’re using? Maybe this thread would be helpful. 

The OP is in the USA so this should not be the TuneIn/UK problem you linked.

The stations are US based star 102.1 In servivlle Tn and 107.5 Nashville, they work 1 out t days on average. Try them in tunein and Sonos radio. I’ve even reached out to one station and they aren’t aware of any problem. I can also get them to play on my echo show even when they will not on My Sonos 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kman965, thanks for your reply and the help @controlav. So the stations aren’t working in TuneIn and Sonos Radio? Have you tried it directly from the TuneIn app and confirm if it is working? Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.

This morning the station was working I got up before my alarm Went off and started listening.  Then my alarm went off while listening and was tones not said station, as programmed even though I was already listening. When I stopped the alarm and then tried to play the station again manually on Sonos radio it said was no longer available.  Makes no sense to me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @kman965, I know that you want to play your preferred station from Sonos Radio and I need your confirmation if that station is not working in TuneIn and Sonos Radio and if you can also check it in the TuneIn app directly. 

Badge

Tune-in now not supporting many overseas radio stations...for some unknown reason.

And now...several ‘saved’ stations on Sonos Radio are simply not opening examples:  Street Radio (UK) ZEBRadio (Fr).  Not a good advert if seeking an HD subscription.

So….is it my laptop and iPhone or…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Tune-in now not supporting many overseas radio stations...for some unknown reason.

So….is it my laptop and iPhone or…?

It is UK law that is blocking them. See https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tune-in-blocking-foreign-radio-stations-in-the-uk-master-thread-6848128

Seems like since I’ve upgraded to the s2 app controller my radio stations are no longer playing get meaaseage of not available or codec is incorrect. Any one have suggestions?

I have the same problem for Dutch stations Radio 2, Sky Radio….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have the same problem for Dutch stations Radio 2, Sky Radio….

Well you would do, as you are in the UK and those stations are not.

Well, I used to be able to! As well as other countries radio stations! Thanks anyway for the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Well, I used to be able to! As well as other countries radio stations! Thanks anyway for the reply.

The master thread contains all the details. This all started happening three months ago, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the blocked stations list slowly expands over time.