Answered

Radio station tuning

• 20 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi I am a resident in the UK. I normally listen to Greatest Hits Radio but in the last 2 days whenever I’ve picked GHR to listen too the Sonos has played Gold and vice versa? Is this a radio station issue or a system fault?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 September 2023, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ianssystem2020 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you using a voice assistant to play the radio station, or the Sonos app?

If the former, please try using the app instead and let me know if you still get the wrong station. We are currently investigating an issue whereby Google Assistant or Sonos Voice Control may play the incorrect station in certain cases.

If the latter, I would encourage you to please get in touch with our technical support team directly, though please don’t expect an immediate resolution - this would be more about documenting the issue for further investigation. If you are using a favourite in My Sonos, however, I would first try removing the favourite and doing a new search for the station in case that helps.

I hope this helps.

Hi 

thanks for your reply. I do not use the voice assistant facility. However, I use the iPhone app and Sonos controller on my laptop. The original fault has now rectified itself. I have been in touch with technical support and they advised me to delete both and reinstate but as it’s ok now I will hold back from that option? 
regards 

Ian

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ianssystem2020 

If it has rectified itself, I don’t think there’s a need for you to do anything else - it sounds like the station URL stored by the server was incorrectly updated, then resolved.

Thank you 🙏