Answered

Radio Station

• 26 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I have been listening to a streaming radio station for several years.  No problem with adding the station to MySonos.  The station appears but when I launch it to play, TuneIn plays 2 commercials and then the radio station goes silent.  This has been happening for a couple of months and I can’t figure out what is going on.  The Sonos OS is S2, V16.1.  Not sure where else to check.  My spotify account works just fine.  Thx for any help.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 March 2024, 17:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SidneyJ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I think the thing to do here might be to try playing the station from the TuneIn website - if you can’t still find and play the station there, it’s not going to be available on Sonos either.

If this turns out to be the case, the station might be on Radio.net, myTuner or Radioplayer - these are all radio aggregates just like TuneIn, may have the station you are looking for, and don’t require any sign in to add to Sonos.

I already have all these services on my Sonos system - if you let me know the name of the station you are looking for, I may be able to let you know which service it can be found on - unless it is geo-restricted (I am in the UK).

If, on the other hand, you do find your station on TuneIN still, and can play it, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What station? What link do you use for TuneIn?

The station is KFMG-LP.  It is located in Des Moines, Iowa.  The station plays from TuneIn on my phone.  TuneIn has a new version that they recommend downloading.  I have done that and added it to my Sonos.  However, there doesn’t seem to be a way to search for radio stations in the new version.  The station pays on Radio.net and myTuner with no problem on my phone.  Radioplayer appears to be for Android devices and I have an iPhone.

The station is KFMG-LP.  It is located in Des Moines, Iowa.  The station plays from TuneIn on my phone.  TuneIn has a new version that they recommend downloading.  I have done that and added it to my Sonos.  However, there doesn’t seem to be a way to search for radio stations in the new version.  The station pays on Radio.net and myTuner with no problem on my phone.  Radioplayer appears to be for Android devices and I have an iPhone.

You are perhaps best to get in touch with Sonos’ technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your system, as suggested earlier in the thread by the Sonos Staff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SidneyJ 

I was not able to find KFMG-LP on classic TuneIN or new TuneIN. I was, however, able to find the station on both myTuner and radio.net, as shown below:

Note that to search any source on Sonos, you need to use the Sonos search function, as no search functions exist within the music service containers in the Sonos app.

As to why the station appears on your TuneIN app and not within Sonos, I cannot say. That it doesn’t even appear in searches suggests to me that it is intentional on either TuneIN’s or the station’s part - I would not be surprised if it disappears from the TuneIN app soon too.

Apologies - Radioplayer is not available from within the USA, which is not something that I was aware of before now. This will be why you could not install it, rather than your choice of phone brand.

I hope this helps.

I was able to add myTuner Radio after several tries, found the radio station I was looking for and it WORKS.  Thanks for all your help.  Sidney